East Yorkshire Big G Cyclosportive 2010 (July)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Soltydog said:
I've been trying to swap shifts at work, but guess it's too late now, all places gone :biggrin:

I suppose there's nothing to stop you riding the ride. Ok, no free food, no official time etc, but you can time yourself, and I'll share my pie with you!;)

Bandini

Soltydog said:
I've been trying to swap shifts at work, but guess it's too late now, all places gone ;)

Might still be in luck@

"Breaking News
We are currently looking into increasing the entry list by a further 100 places and will be updating this entry page when we have further news to tell you.

Regards
Paul Kilvington
Event Organiser"

http://www.eastyorkshireclassic.co.uk/cyclosportive/enter.aspx

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Arch said:
I suppose there's nothing to stop you riding the ride. Ok, no free food, no official time etc, but you can time yourself, and I'll share my pie with you!;)

he may need a disguise

BikeRideCloseDog.jpg

Fiona N

Veteran
craigwend said:
he may need a disguise

BikeRideCloseDog.jpg

Keep in touch - I entered the 100km event and every time I pay in advance I get injured, ill or am out of the country on business. The later is very likely as I'm currently scheduled to arrive back only a day or so before the event :tongue:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Admin said:
OMG ... how big IS the hill?

<shudders - not good at hills at all ... :ohmy:>

It's OK to walk. Just remember to get back on the bike just before the top so you don't get caught by the photographer;).

zacklaws

Guru
Just got back from doing the 100K, 4hrs 2 mins, it killed me the last 15 miles, I had 34 minutes to do the last 10 miles but the wind once again could not make its mind up and from Londesborough it was headwind, just confirmed it on a weather site, NW varying NE when I set off so it was headwindish and then at some point around midday it switched to an E wind for the run in back home, but looking through a few weather stations it seems the winds been all over the place today. 9+ minutes to crawl up Nunburnholme, just when I got back to under 8 minutes.

That sick off doing it now, that I'm definitley not doing it anymore voluntary, and not entering it next year.

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Soltydog said:
That would go well with my T-Mobile top :cheers:

What like last year...

Soltydog

Legendary Member
craigwend said:
What like last year...
Very good :laugh:

Are last years times still on the net? Cant remember what my time was, I know it was slow, but I might book in for the ride if spaces become available & hope I get a really late start at work :wacko:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Cheers. 5hrs 21, damm I'm quick :biggrin:
If I can get an early (8ish) start I could be done & in work by 2 & hopefully i'll have a later start than that, so could be a goer :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
zacklaws said:
... 9+ minutes to crawl up Nunburnholme, just when I got back to under 8 minutes.

Erm, you are joking ... right?

That's not a hill ... that's a bloody mountain!!!! :sad:

zacklaws

Guru
Admin said:
Erm, you are joking ... right?

That's not a hill ... that's a bloody mountain!!!! :angry:

Not happy with my times on that hill at the moment so went out the other day and did 7 mins 29 secs, from the road signs at the bottom to the cross roads at the top which I think is my best time to date.

Trouble is on the 100k Big G, it comes after 48 miles when your well and truly starting to feel the hills behind you.

My aim this year is to climb Staxton, but despite climbing steeper hills all ready this year in preparation to do it, I still fear doing it. Today I rode to Egton Bridge near Whitby, 120 mile round trip, just to climb that 30%+ hill, which I had to walk up last year, this year no problem, now I am at peace with that one and I think its the steepest I have ever rode up.

I tried to convince myself it was not 30% and my memory was iffy, the hill down into Egton Bridge was 20% so told myself that is has to be same up the other side of the valley. Then I saw a 30mph sign, and convinced myself that that was what I saw last year, but I was wrong, went round a corner and there it was in front of me, a great whacking hill, with a 33% sign staring me in the face.

Top Bottom