Easter cycling tours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
What did everyone get up to?

After a LOT of faffing about (Dales? Scotland? Dales?) we ended up cycling Leeds to Skegness for a day by the seaside. Had a great time, weather was okay, nice B&B in Gainsborough and some great food en route.

What did everyone else do??

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
On sunday I did Harrogate to (over the moors boiling hot) Skipton to Addingham (stop at cafe between Addingham and Skipton for Yummy breakfast) to Ilkley to Otley to Fewston to Birstwith to Hampswaite then home to Harrogate, when I planned it I thought that will be a nice long ride but it was only 62 Miles I thought it would have been a lot more it felt like a lot more ;)

I am trying to get myself up to 100 miles on a sunday by the end of the year. At the start of the year I set myself a target to do 75 miles on a sunday but when I got my tourer earlier in the year I did 77 miles on my first long ride out which suprised me so I had to change the target.

I never thought of going to the seaside maybe I will aim for that before the year is out.

Cathryn said:
How was the bike mechanic course? Was it good? Do you know everything there is to know, now?

Very good! :biggrin:

Very good! :smile:

Erm, no! :biggrin:;)

But yes, I did learn a hell of a lot, which should give me the confidence to undertake most repairs (within reason) whilst out on the road.

No, serioulsy, it was a great course and a real benefit. Even got a C&G certificate! ;)

Hopefully one day, when I'm (even) more of a real old git, I'll have a workshop/garage at home, or even better, work in a bike shop.

I did'nt get out on my bike either :biggrin:

I spent sunday turning my MTB back into an MTB for Jake to use as he would'nt ride it with the mudguards and rack on, he said it looked like a Grandads bike

( but i am a Grandad)

Simon

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
phil_hg_uk said:
Did you enjoy your holiday Cathryn I keep looking at the updates on your blog but as yet I havent had time to read it all so just flicked through all the pictures.

Yes thank you, the Loire was stunning. Had a great time, and the parents enjoyed it too. Finally finished the blog today so pour yourself a nice glass of wine and enjoy :biggrin:

Cathryn - yet another entertaining report with superb pictures. If only I had a keen daughter to talk her aging father in to a Tour de France.

There is a pinboard just above my screen with a picture of the Chateau de la Vrillaye just outside Richelieu. I stayed there for a week with a group of about 30 (BMW) motorcyclists some years ago and just love the area.

Have you stayed in Amboise at all ? If you ever do then make sure it is on a Son et Lumiere evening at the chateau.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'm glad you like it!! We had such a good time. We didn't make Amboise unfortunately - it was on my original plan but that was severely edited to make sure the parents liked it. A good opportunity to go back!! I'd love to go back.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Thank you, that's so kind! The husband and I are muttering about LEJOG this summer...but there are other options on the table (non cycling, boo).

I think the parents would go again, but 20 miles/day max. I was a bit ambitious for them. They still love me though, apparently.

Top Bottom