Easy to fit Tyre Suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning CC'ers.

I dearly love my Triban RC520, but I truly hate the tubeless ready wheels/rims.

Incredibly hard to fit tyres on, and I had to send back a very nice looking pair of Continental GP 5000s, because they would physically not get onto the wheel. Hours of pain, swearing, and nearly breaking tyre leavers was all for nought.

Does anyone have any recommendations for 700 x 25c tyres that are easy as pie to fit?

vickster

Legendary Member
Isn’t it an issue with the rims rather than the tyres though?
I’ve not had an issue fitting Durano tyres fwiw

Tyre fit depends on the manufacturing tolerance of the rim and the tyre. If you get a rim towards the largest acceptable diameter and a tyre bead towards the smallest acceptable diameter within their manufacturing spec, you get those b*start to fit tyres.

OP
OP
A

Aussie Rider in London

There's an excellent resource here: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=53372.0
(does cyclechat have anything?)

I suspect the GP5000s are at the easy end of the spectrum for 700x25. (my own experience fits with this). The GP4000sII were very good.

As Michael said, tolerance does come into, so it is worth giving another set of tyres a try before selling the wheels.

That's really helpful, thanks for posting.

I was going to say 5000's as I've fitted them to two wheel sets and a rear wheel with hands that are wrecked by chemo. The easiest on tubeless in that time was a vittoria corsa speed but it was just too soft to seal. I gave up and took it to a shop but the shop gave up too :wacko:

Top Bottom