Easyjet and cycle hats ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

Am off very soon to Mallorca and I was hoping to hire a bike out there :smile:
I am packing some gear in the hope that the weather holds, but the hat is just massive in my cabin case.
Has anyone had any issues carrying a hat onto the plane as hand luggage ?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Why not just wear it?

GC

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Why not just wear it?

GC

On the plane ? :biggrin: ...itdid go through my head, but I look enough of a knob wearing it when cycling without looking a knob on the plane. Insurance co has advised I need 'appropriate head gear for cover if I rent a bike there....weather couldbe poo, and I chicken out as well :sad:

zizou

Veteran
Ive worn a full face mtb helmet onto the plane before. Didnt even have to remove it for security a :eek: (didnt have it on when i checked in though)

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Is this a real question or more a rubbing it in that your off to sunny rides whilst we freeze our tads off on salt covered roads :highfive:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Contact EasyJet and ask them..........How simple it sounds........i tried for days to contact Ryanair.
Linford, you may get it out of the country but getting it out of Spain maybe a problem. They were very strict with hand luggage. Right size, right weight, only one piece of hand luggage. That was as you were lining up to get on the plane.

Can you post it to your hotel? Or take your least favourite and bin it if you have to and buy another when you get there and post it home. I got my motorbike crash helmet on the plane, but it was the only hand luggage I had.

Steve

rams1de

You're allowed up to 50x40x20 bag as hand luggage, a cycle helmet fits easily. Borrow a suitable rucksack or holdall from family or friend (or buy a cheapie from Sports Direct for a fiver).

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Is this a real question or more a rubbing it in that your off to sunny rides whilst we freeze our tads off on salt covered roads :highfive:

Flying in the morning :thumbsup:

However, carrying cycling gear and regular clothing in a cabin case is looking like a real challenge. The reality is that it is a family break with my daughter and grandaughter where they want to go and do other things, and a cycle ride will be my indulgence if I can get a spin out for a couple of hours. I think the most I can hope for is about 15c when I'm there if the forecasts are anything to go by....that isn't actually bad weather for a cycle ride is it :whistle:

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

You're allowed up to 50x40x20 bag as hand luggage, a cycle helmet fits easily. Borrow a suitable rucksack or holdall from family or friend (or buy a cheapie from Sports Direct for a fiver).

I've got a case exactly that size, but I need to carry other stuff ^

400bhp

Guru
Am off very soon to Mallorca and I was hoping to hire a bike out there :smile:
I am packing some gear in the hope that the weather holds, but the hat is just massive in my cabin case.
Has anyone had any issues carrying a hat onto the plane as hand luggage ?

You have to put it in it's own seat and pay full adult fare I'm afraid.

Better to pay for "Priority Boarding" too, as you might find it difficult to get adjacent seats.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Why not wear it at the check in, and then take it off and tie it to your case afterwards? If anyone complains you can always put it back on again.

(I mean, let's face it, we go around wearing lycra on the bike - it's a bit silly worrying about looking daft isn't it? :smile:)

Edit: would it help if you were wearing it and the plane crashed, do you think?

Top Bottom