"Eat anything" day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Mixed grill incoming...aka the protein box!

I almost went for the tandoori mixed grill but have gone for a tandoori garlic chicken meal for one, including pakora, poppadoms, onion chutney, rice and nan bread. Should be delivered within the next half hour.
:hungry:

Thanks all, it should give me a few ideas for future as well. :thumbsup:

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
How about... Your wheels?

Michel_Lotito_%C4%83n_xe_%C4%91%E1%BA%A1p.jpg

Om-nom-nom.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
[QUOTE 3495433, member: 9609"]A couple of pounds over several years, lucky you - I've piled on a stone and a half since the beginning of December - I'm going to have to dust the bike down and get back out there - one things for certain I'm not eating anything less than as much as i can....[/QUOTE]

It was "few pounds" rather than "couple", and I was lying as it probably should have been "a few stone"

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Having found that I appear to have put on a "few pounds" over several years and I no longer fit the majority of the clothes in my wardrobe I decided to lose some weight, and it's heading in the right direction.

I have one meal a week where I allow myself a splurge and eat anything I want; but I cannae think what that should be this week.

Last week it was burgers and the weeks before it was pizza and donner kebab.

It can be either a take away or home cooked.

I'm think macaroni cheese, but not 100% sure. Or a curry. With pakoras and nan. Mmmm. Or pies. Mmmm pies...

Any suggestions?

I'm in similar circumstances to you. This weeks treat was a visit to my favourite butcher in Boroughbridge where I purchased and ate just one of his pies and I bought some of his farmhouse sausages for bangers and mash tomorrow.

I'm not counting the pie as I regard it as fuel for the 28 mile round trip on my bicycle to get it.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I'm kind of on a diet. I was up to seventeen stone which at 6'3 was getting a bit heavy.
So the plan is to skip breakfasts, cut a lot of carbs out and not eat after 7pm. Cheat days are every eight days when I eat lots and lots but nothing sugary.
Lots of coffee in the mornings. Huge amounts of roasted veg and fresh fruit, normal to small meat portions and little oil used to cook.
Not going to weigh myself until the end of Feb, but I think the gut is shrinking

U

User6179

Jeez, I only managed the pakoras and poppadoms before feeling full up.

Still, that means there is curry, rice and nan for later after I've had a few beers :smile:

Your drinking the nite ? ffs :biggrin:

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
[QUOTE 3495807, member: 9609"]aye - but a better win for Hwick[/QUOTE]

Aye, it was a great win. Hawick are a much better team this year than their league position portrays; they held us for a long period last week and looked the more likely to take the points until a moment of brilliance fro Richard Mill with led to our 2nd try which seemed to completely knock Hawick who then conceded 2 further tries. When we played Hawick at Mansfield Park we got our arses handed to us on a plate (the final score flattered us)

Here's the highlights, well worth watching - the 2nd try was brilliant and similar to a try we scored against Heriots in the first game of last season

edit - I discovered this week when I went to Parents Evening that the bloke who scored the final try is a teacher at my daughter's school. And that she is friends with Doddie Weir's and Gregor Townsend's sons.
View: http://vimeo.com/117052989

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
[QUOTE 3496165, member: 9609"]well, that's the Borders for you, everyone seems to have close connections with everyone. sometimes that's good, sometimes that is not so good.[/QUOTE]

Aye, true

Top Bottom