eating raw chicken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cab

Errm... Probably way too late to try to purge now. Probably not a great idea anyway.

You'll most likely be fine, but be wary. Don't worry though.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I once got Campylobacter from undercooked chicken and it was pretty nasty (blood coming out of bum) and the only time I've ever been hospitalised. So prepare for the worst and anything less will seem like a bonus.

Good luck!

BJB said:
The most likely candidates for infection are Campylobacter or Salmonella. Generally the incubation periods are 3-5 days and 12-36 hours respectively. Go to your GP at the first sign of any symptoms and get a faecal sample submitted for analysis. The thing to do in the meantime is report the incident to your local Environmental Health department if the suspected food is from a commercial outlet. Keep the suspect food in the freezer in the meantime.

Trust me I am an Environmental Health Officer :blush:

Should he send you a faecal sample now to be on the safe side? There's time for it to catch the post.

Globalti

Legendary Member
He could at least visit his doc and get a bucket & spade ready for tomorrow morning. Oh, and put some clingfilm by the bog for collecting, vaseline for his bottom and a loo roll in the fridge.

asterix

Comrade Member
jonathan ellis said:
i cant make myself i'll

I'm 38. I've given up tryingxx(

Drink 3 pints of some beer you don't really like very quickly. It always used to work with Double Diamond.

Pete

This won't help you in the slightest, but...

I once got served a plate of raw fish, in a restaurant in Spain. :o)
This was intentional on the part of the restaurant (not me!). The menu simply said something like specialidad de la casa under the pescado section, so I thought I'd give it a bash. Once I got over the initial shock, it was really quite tasty, pieces of raw oily fish of some sort (unidentified), in a very spicy sauce. Mmmm....:blush:... And I survived!

Pete

asterix said:
It always used to work with Double Diamond.
OT - but where on earth could you possibly get DD these days? My first ever pint in a pub - bought for me by a fellow student - was indeed a fizzing glass of DD xx(:blush:. A memory not to be cherished by the fainthearted. But to me, the real pits was Watney's Red Barrel*.

*"Grotney's" to the initiate...

fuzzy29

Pete said:
This won't help you in the slightest, but...

I once got served a plate of raw fish, in a restaurant in Spain. :o)
This was intentional on the part of the restaurant (not me!). The menu simply said something like specialidad de la casa under the pescado section, so I thought I'd give it a bash. Once I got over the initial shock, it was really quite tasty, pieces of raw oily fish of some sort (unidentified), in a very spicy sauce. Mmmm....:blush:... And I survived!

The Japanese seem to survive after eating sushi as well. It must be some kind of miracle.:smile:

Top Bottom