eating raw chicken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Delftse Post said:
For sheer pottiness, this really would take some beating.

It's rather reminiscent of the Alan Partridge rant in the episode where he's interviewing a farmer...

you mean the one where he says "if you see a nice field with a family in it, having a picnic, you fill in the pond with concrete, plough the family into the field, blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother!"
:biggrin:
except mine's actually true. Chickens do get genetically modified, if you're trying to deny it 'cos it 'sounds potty', you've got your head in the clouds.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
bonj said:
Although, if you're the sort of person who takes drugs from the doctor at the drop of a hat your body's antibodies will be fairly lazy and it will probably be worse and last longer than someone like, say, me, who's got a strong immune system.
Wiith a very, very, very, thick skin that fills his brain space.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
If I were you' Id take BJB's advice.
Taking the evidence back to the take-away might just get you your money back...big deal.
Reporting and keeping the sample for the EHO means that action can be taken to ensure that proper measures are put in place to prevent this happening again.

For all the flack my Industry takes, the take-away restaurants business is relatively unregulated and it's no suprise that (from memory, BJB will know) a very very high proportion of all food-poisoning incidents are as a result of poor handling/hygiene and lack of basic controls in local food outlets rather than Supermarket foods (unless abused by the purchaser).

Good luck!

U

User169

bonj said:
you mean the one where he says "if you see a nice field with a family in it, having a picnic, you fill in the pond with concrete, plough the family into the field, blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother!"
:biggrin:
except mine's actually true. Chickens do get genetically modified, if you're trying to deny it 'cos it 'sounds potty', you've got your head in the clouds.

Chickens are indeed "genetically modified" - largely through traditional breeding methods. If you're suggesting, however, that supermarket shelves are stocked with transgenic birds then it would be nice if you could provide some evidence of that.

Of course, the fact that you appear to be under the impression that Salmonella is a virus suggests that your biological expertise is somewhat lacking.

domtyler

Über Member
Delftse Post said:
Chickens are indeed "genetically modified" - largely through traditional breeding methods. If you're suggesting, however, that supermarket shelves are stocked with transgenic birds then it would be nice if you could provide some evidence of that.

Of course, the fact that you appear to be under the impression that Salmonella is a virus suggests that your biological expertise is somewhat lacking.

Excuse me sir, our bonj has been extensively genetically modified himself so if anyone should know about this sort of thing, he should.

col

Legendary Member
Just a point of interest,does anyone else avoid the chicken at barbaques,like i do,or am i overeacting?

Top Bottom