Eating to commute ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I've been feeling really lethargic and starving and out of sorts.

I do eat, but probably not the right stuff and not enough.

When I read about it on the internet I get overwhelmed and really bored with all the "20 grams of bland food A" and "30 grams of bland food B".

Anyway, I do recognise that I need to eat properly to power my commute and also to lose weight.

Advice greatly appreciated.

You are assuming he is overweight and has fat to burn, he could be one of these skinny youthful types that weighs about as much as a fag packet and has under 10% bodyfat. Certainly cutting out processed sweet stuff and replacing with proper fresh food is never bad

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Also if you don't eat the carbs you burn the fiel you eat , fat. Google lchf

400bhp

Guru
There's some train of thought that it's beneficial (for increasing performance) to eat breakfast after a mornings commute, albeit not working too hard whilst cycling.

I might give it a go to see what it's all about. The hard bit won't be the lack of food it will be stopping myself pushing along,.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
There's some train of thought that it's beneficial (for increasing performance) to eat breakfast after a mornings commute, albeit not working too hard whilst cycling.

I might give it a go to see what it's all about. The hard bit won't be the lack of food it will be stopping myself pushing along,.

This is what I do

The Jogger

Legendary Member
This morning I went for a four mile run on a cup of coffee with butter and coconut oil mixed in it. I didn't get hungry and only ate for the sake of it a few hours later.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Thoughts?

I'm no expert and don't do it for any reason other than I can't be bothered to get up earlier to eat before I set off

I do 45 to 50 miles in a morning on a cup of tea, I then eat a couple of apples and a couple of packets of porridge biscuits when I get to work.I find that I am hungry by the time I get to work (circa 08:30) and am hungry again by noon when I will have a sandwich.

Cold

I eat after I get to work usually porridge and a Banana if I want a change I have Bran flakes and a Banana, snack is an Apple or pear and some almonds.
Lunch is spinach and chicken wrap Special K crisps and fruit.
Then I lose the plot and have a chocolate bars or two.
Dinner is whatever my wife has made when I get home usually quite healthy but ruined as I then have a large bowl of Mackies ice cream with honey.

vickster

Legendary Member
This morning I went for a four mile run on a cup of coffee with butter and coconut oil mixed in it. I didn't get hungry and only ate for the sake of it a few hours later.
What's wrong with milk! I don't like fatty, greasy things much, cooked cheese, mountains of butter, fat on meat xx(

You might have found it easier running on a pair of trainers :biggrin:

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Plan for tomorrow:

Up at half 5, porridge.

Leave at 6, cycle 18 miles.

8am, after shower, eat two eggs. Too much?

11am - banana.

1pm chicken, brown rice, broccolli concoction.

3pm - not worked this out yet.

5pm - cycle return journey.

6/7pm - eat what tea my wife has kept me ^_^

Crankarm

Guru
You are assuming he is overweight and has fat to burn,

He is overweight, he already wrote he is in his first post. Cycling 18 miles each way shouldn't mean he has to eat an equivalent supertanker's worth of food. He should manage on a normal balanced diet. Just drink more water an don't eat late at night.

Top Bottom