Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

For £88 its a good buy and would tidy up enough , thankfully too far for me

Plus trying to lower the number of bikes in the fleet :sad:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Can anyone help with some information on this 'Falcon' - Ernie Clements?

I noticed at least some arabesque components, but am not sure on the rest of the bike. To my untrained eye it looks like a bog standard frame, but would like the expertise of everyone else to know if I should throw in a bid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-G...IND-EASY-PROJECT-SPARES-REPAIRS-/222484737976

s-l1600.jpg

Alan O

Über Member

midlife

Guru
Can anyone help with some information on this 'Falcon' - Ernie Clements?

I noticed at least some arabesque components, but am not sure on the rest of the bike. To my untrained eye it looks like a bog standard frame, but would like the expertise of everyone else to know if I should throw in a bid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-G...IND-EASY-PROJECT-SPARES-REPAIRS-/222484737976

View attachment 349573

Late 70's early 80's from sunny Lincolnshire. Not as bad as their offerings from the Far East but not their best effort. Very reasonable standard steel frame. Not worth much so good for leaving in Tesco car park or down the pub :smile:.

Note to self to read that book about Ernie Clements which I think was written by his brother.

Shaun

Alan O

Über Member
Late 70's early 80's from sunny Lincolnshire. Not as bad as their offerings from the Far East but not their best effort. Very reasonable standard steel frame. Not worth much so good for leaving in Tesco car park or down the pub :smile:.

Note to self to read that book about Ernie Clements which I think was written by his brother.

Shaun
My first "proper" bike was a standard steel "Ernie Clements" Falcon, and it must have been from the sixties. I did a lot of miles on it, and when I eventually replaced it with a 531 bike I really didn't notice a great deal of difference in the feel. I've now got a 531 "Elswick Falcon" frame ready to build up, which is probably early 80s, and it's got a very nice "ping" to it :okay:

Chris S

Legendary Member
There's a Hampton 3-speed for sale not to far from Bromsgrove in Worcestershire.
I don't know much about the brand but it's got a full chaincase and possibly a rear-wheel lock so it might be Dutch. The £18 starting price seems very reasonable.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-C...Its-Age-/262953073970?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Chris S

Legendary Member
i saw this last night and i think its more like mid 70's than 50's but looks ok
You're probably right about the age. It's definitely pre-1985 as it doesn't have reflective pedals.
I was puzzled by the gear cable pulley at the bottom of the seat tube. I suppose it was an evolutionary step towards using a full length outer cable.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
You're probably right about the age. It's definitely pre-1985 as it doesn't have reflective pedals.
I was puzzled by the gear cable pulley at the bottom of the seat tube. I suppose it was an evolutionary step towards using a full length outer cable.

i based my guess on the brake levers and calipers

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Top Bottom