Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Yep, looks like a pro. The 286 Super Pro had chrome forks I think.

postadsuk.com-1-falcon-professional-lightweight-vintage-road-race-cycle-22-inch-frame.jpg

midlife

Guru
Just thinking, if it's 1978 and he has the receipt it could be one of the last San Remo Equipe frames that came in all blue metallic. They looked like the pro but they didn't have the seat tube graphic with an eagle top and bottom. There again being Falcon they just did what they liked lol

Is there just the one photo?

midlife

Guru
313117d1458558227-falcon-genealogy-family-tree-6-20160321_103544.jpg

Falcon were a bit maverick at times. San Remo were 531, the pro and super pro were "cro mo". They did a competition 600 jobby which was 531c. Wouldn't surprise me if they simply built using what they had to hand !

During my era the Falcon frames were built by (6) ladies who did no cable guide brazing until the 80's I think so lack of brazing usually means a 70's bike.

When the factory closed a bunch of Italian frames built in Columbus cropped up lol

midlife

Guru
The decals on the frame are odd, the 531 in particular is a very old one (copy).

It has too many braze ons for a Falcon of the era it is meant to represent; over BB cable guides etc. Not sure what Falcon frame it is, or indeed if it is a Falcon.

ORO

Perhaps the brazed on parts were put on when the frame was restored?
Model 86 is the pro 286 the Super Pro?

Top Bottom