Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Camrider

Yes you can change postage options, but it is still compulsory to offer PP. Every transaction I've had as a seller or buyer where there has been a face to face hand over has been a cash transaction and that is the way it should be, but a lot of sellers think its safe to use PP under these conditions because they have been brainwashed by Ebay to think that way.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i have e mailed seller and he is more than happy to pack into a box for me , and to arrange and pay for a courier to collect if i won the auction so he would end up being payed in full via paypal once he had the item ready for collection , that way the seller normally does not hang around in getting item boxed and ready .

OP
OP
porteous

porteous

Veteran
£119, but worth it. These bikes are incredibly nice to ride and very little money and work will get this one back to "as new" IMHO. How much is a modern top of the range road bike? Got to be worth it!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Yes you can change postage options, but it is still compulsory to offer PP. Every transaction I've had as a seller or buyer where there has been a face to face hand over has been a cash transaction and that is the way it should be, but a lot of sellers think its safe to use PP under these conditions because they have been brainwashed by Ebay to think that way.
i just sold a baby's play gym on ebay for local pickup. only went for £2.20 but she still paid via pp instead of cash…

seems daft to me, she's paid for what might have been unsuitable and denied herself the chance to withdraw if i'd misdescribed it…

OP
OP
porteous

porteous

Veteran
i set my limit to £50 so way out of my reach , seller has been in touch saying winner has not been in touch yet
Good Luck! You never know, although it seems to have attracted two bids over £50. Keep looking anyway, especially in your local area, pick up only items do not attract huge interest as a rule.

OP
OP
porteous

porteous

Veteran
RUDGE AERO CLUBMAN frame, probably 1946-1952ish, in nice order and BB and HS in. These were lovely lightweight frames, but you would need a nice pair of 26" dunlop special wheels. A rare frame, even rarer with the paint so good! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220935410207?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2648

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
If only I lived nearby and had the space for it... sigh...

big.JPG

PpPete

Legendary Member
Some of my ebay sales baffle me - especially the ones where I offer international postage option.
Just sold a pair of 86mm BCD cranks and one part worn chainring....to a buyer in Australia! They were nothing special, & fetched less than a third of what I quoted as a International postage cost !
In the past I've even shipped frames to Israel and wheels to Germany ....usually making as much or more on the shipping cost as the item is worth.

Top Bottom