Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran

southcoast

Über Member
Ok so what if his dad really did all the work , does it makes it a one off and ultra rare ?

If that’s really the case then yes it probably does. But the question is does it make it desirable or valuable? Rare does not necessarily mean something is valuable. What’s the geometry?

loopybike

Veteran
Well, believe it or not, there are people who are skilled with their hands, even in this day and age of CAD and 3D printing.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
B687B7DF-7419-4758-A1E1-D60112025E33.jpeg
62CC1E00-69FD-46C3-BA3B-4D5BBA2C275A.jpeg
8CEC91EB-32FE-4415-B925-471046F55495.jpeg

I picked up this 2010 Specialized Tricross Comp from eBay last week with a local collection. It was filthy but after 4 hours of fettling it looks great. I love the retro style sheriff star wheel hubs and it’s a super smooth ride thanks I think to the Carbon seat stays and forks with Zertz inserts.
I’m sure brown is not everyone’s cup of tea but I love it, it is fondly known as the ‘flying turd!’
It was a real bargain and came with original Specialized folder and paperwork.
The chap who I bought it off was selling it as it belonged to his late father. The strangest thing is that having looked at the paperwork I know I originally sold this bike to his dad when I worked at the Concept store in Harrogate 8 years ago!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
View attachment 406075 View attachment 406076 View attachment 406077

I picked up this 2010 Specialized Tricross Comp from eBay last week with a local collection. It was filthy but after 4 hours of fettling it looks great. I love the retro style sheriff star wheel hubs and it’s a super smooth ride thanks I think to the Carbon seat stays and forks with Zertz inserts.
I’m sure brown is not everyone’s cup of tea but I love it, it is fondly known as the ‘flying turd!’
The chap who I bought it off was selling it as it belonged to his late father. The strangest thing is that having looked at the paperwork I know I originally sold this bike to his dad when I worked at the Concept store in Harrogate 8 years ago!

I keep looking at these myself but so far only looked not bought but there is always tomorrow

woodbutcher

Veteran
View attachment 406075 View attachment 406076 View attachment 406077

A prime example of "what goes around, comes around" in a nice way:smile: Its a great looking bike as well. I know l am a bit of an ignoramus but is it a CX bike ?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
A prime example of "what goes around, comes around" in a nice way:smile: Its a great looking bike as well. I know l am a bit of an ignoramus but is it a CX bike ?
Not a true CX bike that's the Specialized Crux ( I have one of those too also from eBay!) but very similar, they are often called CX bikes but are not geared exactly like a typical cross 50/34 upfront rather than a 46/36 on a CX and they can take mudguards and rear rack.
They are kind of go anywhere bike.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Not a true CX bike that's the Specialized Crux ( I have one of those too also from eBay!) but very similar, they are often called CX bikes but are not geared exactly like a typical cross 50/34 upfront rather than a 46/36 on a CX and they can take mudguards and rear rack.
They are kind of go anywhere bike.
In that case l will flog my mountain bike, its a heavy old thing and look out for a Specialized ! l already have a very cool CX aero top which l haven't the nerve to wear on a road bike !

Top Bottom