Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What am I not supposed to see ?

GuyBoden

Guru
Raleigh Chiltern £20

Alford, Lincolnshire

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/...with-sturmey-archer-3-speed-gears./1295058737

$_86.jpg

midlife

Guru

For the life of me I can't place that Falcon as a catalogue model, interesting though :smile:

nonowt

Über Member
For the life of me I can't place that Falcon as a catalogue model, interesting though :smile:

Yeah, the Falcon is a funny one. Eyelets for Mudguards on the dropouts but neither the fork or rear brake bridge are drilled, so I'm not sure how you'd go about fitting them successfully. ...Maybe the canti braze-ons were added at a later date with the holes being filled at the same time?

midlife

Guru
Yeah, the Falcon is a funny one. Eyelets for Mudguards on the dropouts but neither the fork or rear brake bridge are drilled, so I'm not sure how you'd go about fitting them successfully. ...Maybe the canti braze-ons were added at a later date with the holes being filled at the same time?

It's configured as a mud plugging CX bike from my era. It has the typical Raleigh / Carlton / Falcon seat wrapover but nothing else LOL

13-Penyghent1980.jpg

southcoast

Über Member
Yes the Falcon looks interesting. If it wasn’t so small and so far north, I would be tempted to make a bid. Can’t have to many Falcons! :smile: Only have two at the moment lol.

nonowt

Über Member
that could be the answer (or part of it). This vintage Merckx also has the mudguard eyelet/canti/undrilled combination.

IMG_3970.jpg

Top Bottom