Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Who knows and like others have said quite nice just a bit on the small side for me

Not sure that it's a 21". The TT might be 21" long but the frame looks less than that, very short head tube. It doesn't really look any bigger than the 19 1/2" sized Raleigh racer I used to ride when I was about 10/11!
The sticker would suggest it was built in 1985 or shortly afterwards. Worth a punt if you're of small stature and live up North.

nonowt

Über Member
Not sure that it's a 21". The TT might be 21" long but the frame looks less than that, very short head tube. It doesn't really look any bigger than the 19 1/2" sized Raleigh racer I used to ride when I was about 10/11!
The sticker would suggest it was built in 1985 or shortly afterwards. Worth a punt if you're of small stature and live up North.

I agree it looks smaller. I think it was probably repainted in 1985 but dates from the 60's - or even before - judging by the Nervex Pro lugs and the seat cluster? I think the bottle bosses could've been added at the same time.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I think it was probably repainted in 1985 but dates from the 60's - or even before - judging by the Nervex Pro lugs and the seat cluster? .

I'm no expert on lugs, I just know I much prefer the appearance of lugged frames to welded ones. Those ones I noticed are rather elaborate. However, the fork curvature doesn't look especially "vintage" to me. Known old bikes often seem to have a more pronounced degree of curve at the lower end of the fork than more modern machines. The one for sale looks to have "modern" forks, even if the lugs are fancy and suggest some greater age.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I want a pannier rack like the one on that first bike!
The second one will need a LOT of TLC...
The third one is in amazing condition considering it was built in 1981. Nice colour too.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Dave Quinn with a flat bar conversion but Campagnolo components, £100 start in Bradford: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/David-Quinn-Road-Bike/352545509486

s-l1600.jpg

nonowt

Über Member
That's my thinking. I don't need another project, which is what it'd be, but this time of year no-one's really buying.

It looks to be in great condition and if it was my size I'd be tempted - just swap bars and levers. It's been on sale on-and-off (gumtree, ebay and facebook) for a while now, which I guess is an indication of the vintage bike market rather than the bike. ...If I had a frame lined up I'd buy it for the parts.

DCLane

It looks to be in great condition and if it was my size I'd be tempted - just swap bars and levers. It's been on sale on-and-off (gumtree, ebay and facebook) for a while now, which I guess is an indication of the vintage bike market rather than the bike. ...If I had a frame lined up I'd buy it for the parts.

True - at £200 and £180 I wasn't interested. At £100 it's probably worth it to buy and keep until the market sorts itself out. That's what I've done with the Olmo Rigel I bought last month.

DCLane

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Twenty six quid in the end, cheap enough. Anyone here?
It says Reserve not met Carl... so it never sold. I wonder what the reserve price was - and why put a reserve on it anyway, when its just as easy to start the auction at that price?

Y'know I think bikes would fetch higher prices if the seller offered delivery (not necessarily free delivery).

Top Bottom