Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It says Reserve not met Carl... so it never sold. I wonder what the reserve price was - and why put a reserve on it anyway, when its just as easy to start the auction at that price?

Y'know I think bikes would fetch higher prices if the seller offered delivery (not necessarily free delivery).

I didn’t notice that. I agree about delivery, it’s a faff but it does help getting things sold.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I asked a couple of weeks ago at one auction place and they quoted about £45
Well I suppose that's not too bad if you get the bike at a good price. £45's worth of fuel wouldn't get you very far if you took a car to pick it up.

I've never bought from an online auction (other than ebay). Am I right in assuming the Registration fees have to be added to your winning bid? So if you buy a bike for, say, £100 and want it delivered it would cost around £175?

Well I suppose that's not too bad if you get the bike at a good price. £45's worth of fuel wouldn't get you very far if you took a car to pick it up.

I've never bought from an online auction (other than ebay). Am I right in assuming the Registration fees have to be added to your winning bid? So if you buy a bike for, say, £100 and want it delivered it would cost around £175?
You would have to pay commission on the winning bid, sometimes 20-25% and an extra charge for online bidding.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Well it's 50's or there about's i think due to where the mud guard mounts are .
The lugs look similar to the fish tail design used on Raleigh Lentons and others but they had guard mount's on the drop out iirc
Also Lentons had the gear cable roller held on via a boss

nonowt

Über Member
Top Bottom