Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nonowt

Über Member
Spoke to Kevin sayles at Woodrup and he says they will and have panto'd customer names on fork crowns like that many a time AT A COST
And he also said that the Woodrup was from around 1979

ah, that's interesting, thanks for finding that out. I can imagine it would've been a fairly hefty extra cost too.

nonowt

Über Member
23" Holdsworth Neuvo Record in Hastings - ends 19:30 today. This was the top-of-the-range off-the-peg racing frames in the 1982 catalogue. Decent mixed bag of parts too.

23" Witcomb frameset project in Nottingham. Currently £25 but it might be worth asking whether the seatpost is stuck.

Good morning,

Its not for me and I am no guru on Holdsworth frames but I was surprised to see the 531ST sticker on the Neuvo Record?

I would have expected rack/mudguard eyes on anything made out of ST, or was it supposed to be stronger frame for heavier riders?

I did looked at a few sites and images and didn't find any other references to ST.

Did they make them out of ST or is it likely to be a respray/renovation?

Bye

Ian

nonowt

Über Member
Odd isn't it, that all the decals look new? There aren't any scratches or rubbed parts at all as far as I can see.
There are chips to the paint work (fork crown, chainstay) and everything about the frame looks right except the Reynolds decal. I guess the wrong decal could've been fitted and slipped through quality control or fitted after market? It was marketed as a race frame so I don't think it will be 531ST.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
There are chips to the paint work (fork crown, chainstay) and everything about the frame looks right except the Reynolds decal. I guess the wrong decal could've been fitted and slipped through quality control or fitted after market? It was marketed as a race frame so I don't think it will be 531ST.
Yeah, I meant no scratches to the decals. I did spot a couple of chips here and there on the paintwork. I guess the decals just stuck lucky in that regard! lol

Maybe they just ran out of the correct 531 decals on the day and substituted for the ones they had in stock?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
BH Vitoria in Holmfirth for £30: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/racer-bike-Vitoria/163664761745

Didn't sell a few days ago. However, I've not come across a 958 frame before.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
A rod-braked Raleigh in Birmingham with a starting bid of £30
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Raleigh-...129314?hash=item3b3029ffe2:g:BboAAOSwYthcpNvO

Top Bottom