Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Bit of a trek down to London, although I can get there for very little cost, it's best part of a day & not sure of sizing on ladies bikes, might be a touch big for a vertically challenged woman?

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Bit of a trek down to London, although I can get there for very little cost, it's best part of a day & not sure of sizing on ladies bikes, might be a touch big for a vertically challenged woman?
Yes, I wasn't sure about that one myself but it is a small frame. I suppose a visit to a cycle shop to sit on a few might tell you what size to go for? The second one looked better for fit though.
You could maybe organise a courier to pick a bike up for you?

nonowt

Über Member

nonowt

Über Member
@nonowt a couple of nice ones there for sure

This is one i have been watching locally https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Harry-Hall-Racing-Bike/283455006383 but just not sure

That is nice. Lovely fork crown, although looking closely at the last picture it looks like it's been resprayed probably when the cable guides under the bb were added - there are two guides but the rear mech cable run over the bb. Maybe over priced in the current market.

Another one almost as nice as the Thompson. A 22" (again) Woodrup with Les Moss panto'd on the fork crown in Addlestone, Surrey. Currently £19. Could find a Les Moss marque or shop but google reveals there was a Les Moss involved with West Surrey CTC during the 70s-80s - was it possible to get Woodrup to personalise a frame like that?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
That is nice. Lovely fork crown, although looking closely at the last picture it looks like it's been resprayed probably when the cable guides under the bb were added - there are two guides but the rear mech cable run over the bb. Maybe over priced in the current market.

Another one almost as nice as the Thompson. A 22" (again) Woodrup with Les Moss panto'd on the fork crown in Addlestone, Surrey. Currently £19. Could find a Les Moss marque or shop but google reveals there was a Les Moss involved with West Surrey CTC during the 70s-80s - was it possible to get Woodrup to personalise a frame like that?

Yes re Woodrup as they built loads for shops ie confirmed R.E.W Reynolds of Northampton amongst others

nonowt

Über Member
Yes re Woodrup as they built loads for shops ie confirmed R.E.W Reynolds of Northampton amongst others
Oops - Typo! Sorry. I meant that I couldn't find reference to a Les Moss shop. Just the reference to a Les Moss cyclist and active ctc member. So it made me wonder if a customer could pay extra to get their name panto'd on the frame?

midlife

Guru
The short answer is no, BITD I never came across builders panto-ing names on frames. The nearest you got was something stamped on the bottom bracket lol

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
This one maybe?

TBH, this strikes me as a "catalogue bike" with a very basic frame & components. I don't think the start price is especially cheap either considering. Personally, I'd be looking for a classic from a better maker such as Raleigh or Dawes, ideally with a 501 or 531 frame. I've watched some really nice Ladies models go for peanuts. There seems to be less demand for them compared to mens frames.

stalagmike

Enormous member
Be quick! mid-80s 23" Geoffrey Butler in Longfield. £50 start, ends at 15:30 today.

Scruffy 25" 1983 Raleigh Grand Tour, Farnham. Original only sold as a frameset. Might clean up ok. £30 start.

This 22"(?) Lugless (Andy) Thompson/Orbit might be the find of the day. Lovely condition, well spec'd and a £50 start. Newmarket

Obscurity: also looks about 22" T Donaldson cheap and easy project in Luton. Google reveals that Tommy Donaldson built frames at 92-96 Union Street, Lurgan, NI.

That Raleigh is just the sort of project I like the look of. Shame I am still working (well not doing much actual work) on my 'free' Holdsworth.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Oops - Typo! Sorry. I meant that I couldn't find reference to a Les Moss shop. Just the reference to a Les Moss cyclist and active ctc member. So it made me wonder if a customer could pay extra to get their name panto'd on the frame?

Spoke to Kevin sayles at Woodrup and he says they will and have panto'd customer names on fork crowns like that many a time AT A COST
And he also said that the Woodrup was from around 1979

Top Bottom