Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Liking the middle one, vertical dropouts, cracking seat stays, aero shifters and fab lugs :smile:

Thankfully too big and too far away for me

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
What do you make of the XL anonymous blue one? Any guess as to the builder?
Nice lugwork suggests it's a good quality frame, but look at those fork clearances and the long drop brakes! That was built to be able to run with sensible tyres when fitted with mudguards. Looks more Tourer than Racer.

midlife

Guru
It's a fast light tourer from the early eighties, likely built to order. Sometimes called a demi course. Could be built by any good pair of hands but sort of reminds me of M Steel.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Yes agree, in some respects quite sporty with the short rake forks and the back tyre quite close to the seat tube - but you could almost jam a bit of scaffold pole in between the top of the tyre and the fork crown!

davidphilips

Veteran
Really love that Galaxy, just thinking of the bits i would change and upgrade if i had it, Fit mudguards, centre pull brakes,Brooks saddle and rack, a new bike of that quality would cost thousands.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
What do you make of the XL anonymous blue one? Any guess as to the builder?
Nice lugwork suggests it's a good quality frame, but look at those fork clearances and the long drop brakes! That was built to be able to run with sensible tyres when fitted with mudguards. Looks more Tourer than Racer.

Apart from the clearances it looks Italian to me

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
A Raleigh with Reynolds 853 frame, poor pics/description, currently £20, pick up from Warrington.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/323937401124

Top Bottom