Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
the BIN price, is wait for it £48,000:ohmy:. I admit that is a bit spendy, but it doesn't sound much when you think of it as a museum piece, which this could easily be.

"A bit spendy" is the understatement of the century! Of course you're right, this really is a museum piece, especially as the last steel era winner. None of my ordinary commercially produced machines has any special significance in the scheme of things, so their value simply reflects current supply and demand for riding on steel. In a way though, the price dictates that that one has to end up being on static display or hidden in some rich collector's bike shed. You'd be scared to ride the thing at that price in case you crashed it, which is a shame because bikes (and vintage motorbikes, cars etc) were built to be used not just looked at and occasionally dusted.

davidphilips

Veteran
1 of 4 Pegoretti built bikes badged a Pinarello Banesto, made for big Mig Indurain for the 1994 TDF, the last TDF to be won by a steel framed bike.

You had better sit down @SkipdiverJohn because the BIN price, is wait for it £48,000:ohmy:. I admit that is a bit spendy, but it doesn't sound much when you think of it as a museum piece, which this could easily be.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Miguel-I...304067?hash=item1ccb254e83:g:h~AAAOSw3CdcgRtU
Nice looking bike but tbh i dont think its even worth the shipping cost for any one to buy as an every day bike, There are some great deals on used bikes and as long as my luck holds up and seller posts it i will post a picture soon of a great deal i may be getting soon.

Some brands or makes of bike seem to sell for very high prices, but if you know what to look for and don’t follow the herd, some amazing bargains can still be found.

Fully agree on this, here in Belgium there is a steady supply of Columbus Max framed Diamant bikes, 25 tears ago list price in the UK was around 500 quid, today they can be picked up for a fraction of that price. Not by me though, as the stable is full:shy:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@davidphilips keep us posted, sounds like you have some big news soon^_^

@BalkanExpress I've been on the look out on ebay for ages for a Columbus Max chrome fork to return my Simoncini (57-58cm frame) back to a steel fork. I love the oversized look of them, and with me at 90kg the extra front end stiffness is welcomed more than any weight penalty. If you see any decent condition just forks for sale, in Max with a 1 and 1/8 steerer width, and a long enough steerer for my frame, please let me know. Will reward with frites, beers or whatever else I can.

My stable is also full, but in the next few weeks there may be a new addition. I'm trying not to get excited (and failing) and can't give anything away until I've got my paws on it and its a done deal, but time to start making some space:whistle:

Last edited:
@davidphilips keep us posted, sounds like you have some big news soon^_^

@BalkanExpress I've been on the look out on ebay for ages for a Columbus Max chrome fork to return my Simoncini (57-58cm frame) back to a steel fork. I love the oversized look of them, and with me at 90kg the extra front end stiffness is welcomed more than any weight penalty. If you see any decent condition just forks for sale, in Max with a 1 and 1/8 steerer width, and a long enough steerer for my frame, please let me know. Will reward with frites, beers or whatever else I can.

My stable is also full, but in the next few weeks there may be a new addition. I'm trying not to get excited (and failing) and can't give anything away until I've got my paws on it and its a done deal, but time to start making some space:whistle:

I will keep my eyes open.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Many thanks @BalkanExpress :okay:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
531 Competition-framed Paul Milnes in West Yorkshire for £125 start: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAUL-MIL...N-THROUGHOUT-GOOD-CHEAP-COMMUTER/123923789772

I'd be interested but have no space. It may not be vintage but seems a decent price.

s-l1600.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The lairy paint job and blue tyres would put me off. The tread of a bike tyre should be black. Anything else just looks wrong. Probably a nice frame, but I couldn't live with it in that colour scheme!

Top Bottom