Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I suppose somebody will be able to identify it though (maybe the buyer knows?). Lugs like that weren't usually on cheap bikes were they?

I've seen lugs just like that featured on a frame on here before, but I can't place the maker. Definitely not a run of the mill gas pipe job. That was once someone's pride and joy clubman's machine and they probably saved up for quite a while before they could afford it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Some interesting machines there, that Triumph roadster is of course a rebadged Raleigh. The Hercules looks like it might have a slightly curved seat tube, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A Tomasini Super Prestige - looks good - currently £2 in West Yorkshire: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tommasin...cm-road-bike-Campagnolo-equipped/223678204890

s-l1600.jpg

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member

I might be going out on a limb here but I think it will go for a bit more than that! Its VERY nice.
It's an exemplar of beauty! Must resist......must resist.......must resist.
Any bets on how much one would need to bid to get it?

Edit: just noticed it has a San Marco Rolls saddle. Dammit! Mrs Poacher, fetch my handcuffs, and use them now. No, not for that.....it's to stop me making a bid for this Italian beauty. Ow!

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I've no idea but I would think it will go well into three figures. That paint job is something else...:wub:

Well my £5 bid got swallowed straight away :tongue:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I've no idea but I would think it will go well into three figures. That paint job is something else...:wub:

I'd be surprised if it doesn't fetch at least two hundred quid by the finish. Apart from being unusual with quality mechanicals, the size means it will fit an average sized rider, so potentially a lot of interested bidders. I've noticed that frames at the extremes of the sizing spectrum can often go for low money, especially the largest end. At 22 1/2" this is bang in the middle and could be made an acceptable fit for a lot of riders.

Krondican

I listed this last week, I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules posting a link to it? Please remove if so and accept my apologies. Found a Holdsworth group on Facebook who advised it should reach £100 as I'd originally listed it for 99p auction and received an ebay PM from a Holdsworth frame builder telling me I'd listed it way too low .... panic! Am happy its reached a fair price though, thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I listed this last week, I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules posting a link to it? Please remove if so and accept my apologies. Found a Holdsworth group on Facebook who advised it should reach £100 as I'd originally listed it for 99p auction and received an ebay PM from a Holdsworth frame builder telling me I'd listed it way too low .... panic! Am happy its reached a fair price though, thoughts?
Hi @Krondican and :welcome: to the site.

I'm afraid that selling outside the classifieds section is generally frowned upon and to use the classifieds you need to have become established as a member: Link to section rules.

If you want to get an idea about what the members think is a fair value, a new thread in the vintage section including a photo would be better.:okay:

Krondican

Hi @Krondican and :welcome: to the site.

I'm afraid that selling outside the classifieds section is generally frowned upon and to use the classifieds you need to have become established as a member: Link to section rules.

If you want to get an idea about what the members think is a fair value, a new thread in the vintage section including a photo would be better.:okay:
Sincerest apologies, I was hoping for some reassurance that I wasn't selling at a silly price and must admit that I thought I might generate a few views too (misunderstood the thread I think). I won't post elsewhere because there are only a couple days and am happy with the price its achieved. Apologies again, not an auspicious start to my forum postings! :blush:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Well my £5 bid got swallowed straight away :tongue:

It's up to £375 now with 7 bids and over 50 watchers! Looks like this one is the exception to the rule that old steel doesn't fetch strong money in the current market! I don't think we will see a similar surge in interest in old Raleighs though, even with the inclusion of those magic words "vintage" and "Eroica".....

It's up to £375 now with 7 bids and over 50 watchers! Looks like this one is the exception to the rule that old steel doesn't fetch strong money in the current market! I don't think we will see a similar surge in interest in old Raleighs though, even with the inclusion of those magic words "vintage" and "Eroica".....

Chrome lugs..nice. :becool:

8 days to go, I would not be surprised if we end up north of 700.

Some old Raleigh’s do go for a bomb. A refurbished sbdu 753 frame and forks went for over 1200 a couple of weeks ago^_^

Top Bottom