Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I did a bit more research and De Ver Cycles are still trading and the website seems to indicate that the early frames were built by the original shop owner and pro rider Peter Versleydonck.

The De Ver has now dropped to a £114 start!
Just a shame about the location

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
It’s just up the road from me and I pass the De Ver shop on my commute. I’m currently telling myself that I don’t need another bike, I’m thinning out my garage, and that it looks bigger than 22 1/2 inches anyway. Still tempted...
And the seller has just confirmed to me it’s a 60 cm frame.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
And the seller has just confirmed to me it’s a 60 cm frame.
So go and get it ^_^

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Maybe this should be in the giraffe thread: a gorgeous Nishiki frame - (check the lugs, seat stay caps, down tube lever band stop & fork crown) urgently in need of a new downtube at least. It has nice Shimano kit too.

Ironically the 'LIFE TIME GUARANTEE FRAME & FORK' decal cuts right through the severed down tube. :blush: ... but it's a nice indicator of how good Japanese frames were, are, can be...:smile:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nishiki-...495481?hash=item3b4a1d28f9:g:qJEAAOSw--Ne4Bz5

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
You sound like a chap who knows his Raleigh Competition! ;) <insert buttering-up smiley>

Do you know what spec that frame would be? Tubing, drop-out spacing, clearances?? Age? (the pic I saw was pretty hopeless - I can ask for more of course, but information is power etc!)

Thanks x

Morning Reynolds 531 tubing , I would guess normally 126 rr spacing and early 80's .

Normally in a nice shade of blue with a red tint . Might be tight for guard clearance .

Top Bottom