Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't think you can legally collect any bike right now. Is it an essential trip? The police did someone recently for travelling to collect a new bumper for a car.
Was the driver looking at the policeman in a funny way?

(sorry, I can't take all this daft discussion of rumour and "guidance" seriously. I'll leave you lot to work out the law between you ... )

davidphilips

Veteran
I've not bought or sold bikes for a while but did collect a pair of wheels this week - Covid securely at a distance.

There will need to be bikes sold, and most likely collected, soon as I've no space.

David i really think you will never have enough space. Yes you may sell a few but same as myself and even what you said (most likely collected) space is a battle that we just can not win.

RamoRuon

The police stopped someone that came to Margate near me in Kent and fined them £400?

Must have been a second offence. Wouldn't have much sympathy in that case.

Was the driver looking at the policeman in a funny way?

Possibly. The police are supposed to be employing 'the 4 Es': Engage. Explain. Encourage. Enforce. Plenty of folk get a bit arsey by the 3rd E and then wonder why they've been issued an FPN.

Anyway, as has been alluded to, if in doubt just be sensible and ask yourself if the goods/service purchase is needed (an n+1 is rarely going to be justifiable ^_^ ). If not, don't go. Hardly rocket science.

Boon 51

Veteran
Must have been a second offence. Wouldn't have much sympathy in that case.

Possibly. The police are supposed to be employing 'the 4 Es': Engage. Explain. Encourage. Enforce. Plenty of folk get a bit arsey by the 3rd E and then wonder why they've been issued an FPN.

Anyway, as has been alluded to, if in doubt just be sensible and ask yourself if the goods/service purchase is needed (an n+1 is rarely going to be justifiable ^_^ ). If not, don't go. Hardly rocket science.

I think the story was the Police stopped them and found they lived away so fined them £200 but the couple went on to pick the item up anyway so the Police fined them the second time as well £200. Expensive.. lol

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
David i really think you will never have enough space. Yes you may sell a few but same as myself and even what you said (most likely collected) space is a battle that we just can not win.

True. I do normally have access to additional storage of up to 8 bikes. However at the moment I can't access it and emptied the storage last summer.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I've not bought or sold bikes for a while but did collect a pair of wheels this week - Covid securely at a distance.

There will need to be bikes sold, and most likely collected, soon as I've no space.
Yes... and as soon as you have a space you will be thinking "I could get another bike in there"!

davidphilips

Veteran
fancy lugwork but I have my limits!
Stunning looking frame but as you say the price, wonder why if it was made this year why 531 tubing was used?

Good afternoon,

What do you make of the drop outs on the front forks?

At first glance they seem to be on backwards. :-)

I don't think that I have ever seen front ends where the wheel exit point so much along the direction of travel, normally the exit is against the direction of travel or inline with the angle of fork, which is slightly along the direction of travel.

With the front of the drop out lower than the rear it seems to be setting the rider up for a fall if the front wheel is under tightened, jam on the brakes and the wheel effectively "rotates" anti clockwise and out of the frame.

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom