Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Don't remember them coming with chrome forks
Very true. Nor do I. it somehow doesn't look right.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer

Aside from the price, I'm not too convinced about that one. Non standard forks. Reynolds sticker is the wrong type and doesn't seem to match the age of the frame considering it has caliper brakes not cantis. Might have had a refurb, but if you're paying top dollar you want to be 100% sure it's what it claims to be. I have my doubts.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I bought what turned out to be a Galaxy with chrome forks. It was a scrapper, sadly, and totally misdescribed by the seller.

carpenter

Über Member
I have a Dawes Galaxy mixte which had half chrome forks - I Stripped the paint off the top half (it was in very bad condition) and there is chrome all the way up, albeit a rougher finish where the paint had to key on to the chrome.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A 1980's Raleigh Pulsar isn't anything special or unusual in itself. But an unused one may be? £120 start in West Yorkshire: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1980s-raleigh-Pulsar-bike-new-never-been-ridden/353380293364

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Too far away from me. Just as well really or I would be VERY tempted!

Makes me wonder why its never been ridden since new though. Curious.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
It's about a mile from me. I'm able to collect if needed, although no longer have a spare bike box for a courier.
A kind offer and thank you - but I think I'll have to give it a miss. The bidding hasn't started yet so its likely to be out of my budget range before the six days left on the auction are over. Of course if its still at £120 with an hour to go I may change my mind! ^_^

Good morning,

It's very tempting, but, I did a quick search and came up with https://www.bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/Raleigh84/ral84_09.jpg a scan of part of the brochure and look at the gears.

42/52 (fine, that's what I still have) and a freewheel of 14,17,20,23,26.

That's almost a three speed bike (52x17. 52x20 or 42x23) for where I ride. :smile:

At 27lbs, it's only tad heavier than my 531 bike with a water bottle and super strong and heavy wheels, they take me and four bags of shopping from Asda.

I remember having a Record Sprint that had 14,16,18,20,22,24, just one extra sprocket but 16 and 18 over a 17 is a big definitely well worth having improvement for me riding any significant distance.

Clearly at the starting price it is a bargain, but will it go to £300 plus, possibly bought to be resold at £499, mislabelled (brake cables under the bar tape) as l'Eroica ?

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
Top Bottom