Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-P...600696?hash=item3acb298b78:g:j6kAAOSwvzRXwy6E
Somebody needs to buy this now - a Peugeot with 531 frame and mavic wheels for £60?
I don't know much about pugs but I know this is a bargain!

I picked this up today. The seller's got a lot of bikes for sale but they're all stored outside without any cover :wacko:

It's OK, all works however the frame has a lot of work needed with either a good going over or a re-spray. I'm not sure I've time for a project at this point so it's in my work's bike cage for now. The frame number's 7100016 which makes me think it may be earlier than 1977.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

davidphilips

Veteran
I picked this up today. The seller's got a lot of bikes for sale but they're all stored outside without any cover :wacko:

It's OK, all works however the frame has a lot of work needed. I'm not sure I've time for a project at this point so it's in my work's bike cage for now. The frame number's 7100016 which makes me think it may be earlier than 1977.

s-l1600.jpg
looks really great think you bought a great bike, lots of green paint, wait its not the paint,lol, its just me with envy, happy cycling.

It's OK, all works however the frame has a lot of work needed with either a good going over or a re-spray. I'm not sure I've time for a project at this point so it's in my work's bike cage for now. The frame number's 7100016 which makes me think it may be earlier than 1977.

s-l1600.jpg

Very nice, looks like a PR10 LE rom 1977 0r 78.

There are some catalogues at http://www.peugeotshow.com

Peugeot were in the habit of using the same photo in catalogues for different years. Frame number may be January 77,

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Is that a death fork then? Well spotted Shaun how did you know?
Frampton's not far from me is it worth a punt?

in my mind yes and dont worry about all the story's about those forks as i reckon they are mark 3 ones so safe as houses , they ride great and are nice and light ok odd ball bottom bracket but its not an issue so yes go for it

shame about the repaint as i dont think its original

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=142103407800&globalID=EBAY-GB
This looks decent. Quite rare Reynolds 531 millennium tubing ( Red badge) which is custom drawn with thicker butt ends allowing the frame to be welded rather than brazed. I have a Ciclismo, they were based in Leeds, Farsley I believe. The shop was run by Pam Clay who's son Jon Clay won a medal in the velodrome at the Sydney olympics.

in my mind yes and dont worry about all the story's about those forks as i reckon they are mark 3 ones so safe as houses , they ride great and are nice and light ok odd ball bottom bracket but its not an issue so yes go for it

shame about the repaint as i dont think its original
I shall keep an eye on that then. I'd heard they're really light. Is this before they started making biscuits? :smile:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=142103407800&globalID=EBAY-GB
This looks decent. Quite rare Reynolds 531 millennium tubing ( Red badge) which is custom drawn with thicker butt ends allowing the frame to be welded rather than brazed. I have a Ciclismo, they were based in Leeds, Farsley I believe. The shop was run by Pam Clay who's son Jon Clay won a medal in the velodrome at the Sydney olympics.
9 bids with 6 days still to go, I think this is gonna hit quite a price!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Oi! I'm watching that and was hoping no-one else would notice it ... :tongue:

midlife

Guru
Is that a death fork then? Well spotted Shaun how did you know?
Frampton's not far from me is it worth a punt?

Biggs682 is right, Not the original death fork IMHO. I was tempted as I was around during their era. Aside from the fork they were over engineered - bottom bracket, hubs etc. The frames were well made, not 753 light but light. Just came at a time when bikes were a declining market and they cost more than a Carlton or a Falcon. Not bult in small numbers to be classed alongside Woodrup, Bob Jackson and the like either.

That's just my personal views from the time, doesn't detect from being a "classic" though.......

Shaun

Top Bottom