Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

davidphilips

Veteran

Attachments

• 100_8406[1].JPG
    100_8406[1].JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 42

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
the elan is a nice bike but i dont think they are worth £150, i use one as a runabout mine looked very like the one advertised but has had time and money spent on it still would not be worth a lot.

This one is new!

i cant make my mind up if its a good price or not really as it will need re commissioning ie grease service ,tyres and cables so add about another £50 to the asking price

i cant make my mind up if its a good price or not really as it will need re commissioning ie grease service ,tyres and cables so add about another £50 to the asking price
Halfords prices maybe. :smile:
Valid point though.
What would you pay for a new bike? What if it was 50 years old rather than 25?
I've sold one of these for over £100 which was mostly original so I don't think it too unreasonable of the seller to try for 150

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Halfords prices maybe. :smile:
Valid point though.
What would you pay for a new bike? What if it was 50 years old rather than 25?
I've sold one of these for over £100 which was mostly original so I don't think it too unreasonable of the seller to try for 150

i would rather buy that than a new one costing up to £250 area but then thats me , i have also sold them for a similar price in clean original condition so i guess it is worth it

davidphilips

Veteran
i would rather buy that than a new one costing up to £250 area but then thats me , i have also sold them for a similar price in clean original condition so i guess it is worth me

agree the elan would be a better bike that anything on sale new for a few hundred, i must be one of the worst guys for pricing bikes any time i go to buy a secondhand bike i usually end up paying about 2 or 3 times what i would get if i went to sell it again, i know looking at the elan it would be a good buy if some one wanted a bike and was to keep and use it for a few years but i know if i went to sell similar i would be lucky to get £50 for it and that would be after i put new tyres etc on it, i know my elan was fitted with 700x20 tyres from new not a great tyre plus the single pivot brakes where not great but having said that a very good bike that would last for years.

Top Bottom