ebay bike workstand. £30 (picture heavy)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
It looks so much better than my existing one, I think I'll get one and chuck out my old one, even though there's nothing mechanically wrong with it.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
don't chuck it, keep it for spares as at these prices i'm sure a few will be needed over time.

young Ed

Veteran
how many people have we made my one of these stand through this thread and a mention on one or 2 other threads?
10 or maybe even a dozen now?
Cheers Ed

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
ok mine arrived about an hour ago, have set it up and put the heavy bike in it for a test run.

2014-02-25 11.23.41.jpg

easy to assemble and has a stable base but definitly a bit on the flimsy side when holding a bike up but for occasional maintainence should be fine, I'll probably only strap a bike in it once or twice a month.

2014-02-25 11.24.45.jpg

Nice toothed clamp to help with holding the bike at any prefered angle although this does put a lot of strain on the clamp head if you want to hold it against the natural hang the load dictates, I think to let the bike hang naturaly is the best and will put less strain on the unit and prolong its life.

2014-02-25 11.25.02.jpg

a nice feature is the brace arm that you can hold the handlebars stready with.

all in all looks like a decent bit of kit for the £39 paid but will need to be used with care to ensure it lasts.

ssd

Last edited:

young Ed

Veteran
ok mine arrived about an hour ago, have set it up and put the heavey bike in it for a test run.

View attachment 38816

easy to assemble and has a stable base but definitly a bit on the flimsy side when holding a bike up but for occasional maintainence should be fine, I'll probably only strap a bike in it once or twice a month.

View attachment 38817

Nice toothed clamp to help with holding the bike at any prefered angle although this does put a lot of strain on the clamp head if you want to hold it against the natural hang the load dictates, I think to let the bike hang naturaly is the best and will put less strain on the unit and prolong its life.

View attachment 38818

a nice feature is the brace arm that you can hold the handlebars stready with.

all in all looks like a decent bit of kit for the £39 paid but will need to be used with care to ensure it lasts.

ssd
have you tried clamping by top tube i found my older £30 model won't hold my old MTB BSO by the seat post
Cheers Ed

Whiz

you are a new cyclist?
lets hope you love it! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed
I'm before new... Haven't even had my bike delivered yet :tongue:

young Ed

Veteran
Specialized tarmac 2013. Bargain with price match and cycle to work scheme means I'll pay about £550 for it :-)
okay cool enjoy
now get lost i don't want you any more! :P
people getting better deals than me! :sad: GRRRRR
Cheers Ed

Cubist

Still wavin'
I got one of these stands from Lidl about three years ago. It was the non QR version, and I found initially it was great. However, the recessed bolt adjuster system soon started playing up, I kept tripping over the feet, and the leg slider sticks like a bastard. Also, the clamp appears to be designed to hold the bike by the top tube, as it has a cable channel in the bottom of the jaws. Any attempt to hold a bike at the right angle by clamping the seatpost saw the bike spinning downwards, so no use if working on drivetrain. I eventually drilled through the clamp sleeve and top arm of the stand and shoved a big bolt through it to stop it rotating.

Eventually the height adjust became so unworkable that it's now reserved solely for bike washing duties.

Top Bottom