ebay bike workstand. £30 (picture heavy)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
David at the ebay shop, or BD bikes got a replacement base out to me next day.. All fitted now, perfect.

Brilliant service from them!

I've often thought that a company that fixes a mistake or damaged product quickly and without fuss has a better reputation with me than a company that never made a mistake or had a damaged product in the first place.

Sara_H

Guru
I just ordered one late last night, got a text message to say it will arrive tomorrow.I won't be here so selected the option for it to be delivered to a neighbour. Looks like I'll be fettling at the weekend.

Stu Plows

Coming soon: Bonking on a hill near you!
I scratched top of my top tube clamping to it too tightly I think. My old man has made me a protector strap to put on it so it can't scratch it now.

I've often thought that a company that fixes a mistake or damaged product quickly and without fuss has a better reputation with me than a company that never made a mistake or had a damaged product in the first place.

I agree, no quibbles, got a text from the delivery company before David had even emailed back to say one was bring sent out. Very very happy with the service.

I can't wait to get out and ride the bike so I've got a reason to have to use the workstand lol.

I did notice though the handlebars very annoyingly keep turning rather than stay straight. Have found a nice Park Tools handlebar stay thing though.

Has anyone heard of any damage done to a bike by clamping the seat post?

young Ed

Veteran
I agree, no quibbles, got a text from the delivery company before David had even emailed back to say one was bring sent out. Very very happy with the service.

I can't wait to get out and ride the bike so I've got a reason to have to use the workstand lol.

I did notice though the handlebars very annoyingly keep turning rather than stay straight. Have found a nice Park Tools handlebar stay thing though.

Has anyone heard of any damage done to a bike by clamping the seat post?
i find i clamp my bike by the top tube and clamp i nice and level and the bars stay in one position that isn't slanted down
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
i use mine as a permanent home when not being rode, its always clamped by the seatpost, i cant see any damage being done to the seatpost its self especially not if you allow for abit of flex in the stand by letting the bike rest naturally downwards before tightening the top screw, i usually have mine straight though but you need to hold it straight then tighten the top screw very tight to get it to hold, looks like it puts pressure on the clamp but not the seatpost

Sara_H

Guru
My work stand arrived this morning, about 36 hours after I ordered it.
I've never had one before, but it appears to be very sturdy. OH put it together in minutes. He was very impressed with the magnetic tool tray.
I've had sons bike up in it this evening for a clean, lube and brake adjustment and it was perfect.
Very pleased.

Top Bottom