ebay bike workstand. £30 (picture heavy)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Personally, I put a clean rag in the jaws of the clamp and clamp it to the frame. I have tried the seat post but it was a bit too wobbly, OK for cleaning though.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I've got a specialized allez that also has a flat top tube I just mount it at the seatpost and it holds solid but It can hold it at the top tube it just dosent fit in the gap correctly

Have done, on Friday when I opened the box and tried to work out why it wouldn't go together properly.

Hopefully he'll get back to me tomorrow.

young Ed

Veteran
mine arrived monday nice and early i then set it up and it is great! :biggrin: really good build quality and feels very solid clamps my old cheap steel with a silly aero top top tube by the silly aero top tube and i tried it by the seat pot but the whole bike just tips forward meaning the seat post is too far back might work if i keep the rear wheel but remove the front or i remove the whole forks
Cheers Ed

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
mine arrived monday nice and early i then set it up and it is great! :biggrin: really good build quality and feels very solid clamps my old cheap steel with a silly aero top top tube by the silly aero top tube and i tried it by the seat pot but the whole bike just tips forward meaning the seat post is too far back might work if i keep the rear wheel but remove the front or i remove the whole forks
Cheers Ed
Had mine about a week now. Done a few jobs with it, chain, cleaning etc. seems good....jobs a good'n!

I've clamped my Allez Race by the top tube, but I'm unsure about clamping the seat post.. I put a microfibre on the clamp first though to ensure it doesn't scratch the frame.

I feel clamping it on the seat post must put quite a bit of strain on the frame?

young Ed

Veteran
I've clamped my Allez Race by the top tube, but I'm unsure about clamping the seat post.. I put a microfibre on the clamp first though to ensure it doesn't scratch the frame.

I feel clamping it on the seat post must put quite a bit of strain on the frame?
i'm lazy so i will ask here what is the frame made of (allu alloy, steel, carbon etc)
Cheers Ed

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I have mucked about clamping my bike at different places and it all seems the same. Top tube, seat post, under seat post. The stand itself hasn't showed any signs of being less stable in one position more than any other.
I am very grateful for the op sharing the link....

young Ed

Veteran
I have mucked about clamping my bike at different places and it all seems the same. Top tube, seat post, under seat post. The stand itself hasn't showed any signs of being less stable in one position more than any other.
I am very grateful for the op sharing the link....
i gave the OP the link in the first place! :angel:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I always clamp my allez by the seatpost it seems to put the clamp under some strain but it's by far the best place to clamp it, when I get my FSA carbon seatpost I don't think I'll continue though just in case

Top Bottom