ebay madness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adscrim

Veteran
TheDoctor said:
Surely cheese bikes already exist?

Edam Merckx? IGMC

DON'T PANIC

It's just a basic track frame and not an afront to the gods of cycling. To help peanut sleep at night and to stop him falling off his virtual forum expert pedistal:

it's cromoly rather than high tensile steel

there is a gap in the Market for a tough and practical fixie. It's also pretty stealthy which is handy in London.

It's Almost half the price of a steamroller and at least £40 less than other shops selling this exact same frame. Some folk don't want to pay for logos.

The logos and graphics have no real value and won't make it ride better - but if you need to wear a brand I can stick a sticker on if it helps.

I could get the frame logo'd and photographed by a pro and I could then charge £40 more. But not everyone cares for such graces and formalities

I am not trying it on.
The frame is not rubbish
my customers are not idiots

you don't get to be a respected and trusted businesses by selling rubbish to idiots. I am just a cyclist like everyone on this forum, I have been sold crappy products, rubbish customer service, again just like everyone else on this forum: and that is why we don't F about it comes to treating customers fairly.

Sincerely, it's good to see what people think of the frame and the alternatives you guys would consider. I also enjoyed the metalology lesson. Cheers a d many thanks for the generous and kind posts.

OP
OP
P

peanut

CharlieBikemonger said:
It's just a basic track frame and not an afront to the gods of cycling. To help peanut sleep at night and to stop him falling off his virtual forum expert pedistal:

s.

I have never suggested that I am a bike expert here or anywhere but please feel free to make some stuff up to have a dig. Everyone else is because they are all sheep.

Its the 'kick him when he's down 'syndrome like you see drunken idiots klcking someone outside a pub,they don't know the person and they join in for no reason other than everyone else is kicking them. Baaa baaa ;)

They don't have the courage to form their own opinions in case they get a slagging so they just wait and jump on any bandwaggon that comes along, safe in the knowedge they can hide amongst the other spineless morons

I still maintain that the frames are not good value for money and are over-priced and over-hyped . I also dislike your marketing speel too which gives no genuine information about the frame. It just sounds like the sort of nonsense one would hear on a market stall .roll up roll up ....

I'm willing to re-consider if you can demonstrate to me that the frame is good value for money.
where was the frame made ?
what does it weigh ?
what are the forks made of ?
what tests have been conducted on it and what safety certification does it bear?
what warantee comes with the frame?

answer some of these questions to my satisfaction so that prospective buyers can form an informed appraisal and I'd be happy to retract my statement with an apology if I think I am wrong

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Peanut, it's just a ruddy bike frame. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
In the meantime, can you wind your neck in? Your opinionated and abusive rants are getting a little tedious.

Shaun

Founder
Peanut, you've said that you wouldn't buy one, and that's fair enough.

I personally don't think it's madness and from what I can see on the seller's eBay site, neither do a lot of his satisfied customers.

If you're interested in buying one of these frames, then please discuss it with the retailer.

If you've had poor service from this retailer, please discuss it with them.

If you feel this retailer is a con artist or rip-off merchant, then take it up with eBay.

However, if your only complaint is about the price of the frame, then you've made your point and you don't need to labour it.

The fact that the shop owner has signed-up here to try and talk to you about his product should tell you that he is a reasonable person.

Your reply to him was not in the least friendly or considerate, and I'm certainly not happy with you arguing with the guy on CC just because you don't feel it's a fair price.

peanut said:
answer some of these questions to my satisfaction so that prospective buyers can form an informed appraisal and I'd be happy to retract my statement with an apology if I think I am wrong

Erm, are you on a commission for Which magazine's cycling department? :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun xx(

CharlieBikemonger said:

there is a gap in the Market for a tough and practical fixie. It's also pretty stealthy which is handy in London.

It's Almost half the price of a steamroller and at least £40 less than other shops selling this exact same frame. Some folk don't want to pay for logos.

The logos and graphics have no real value and won't make it ride better - but if you need to wear a brand I can stick a sticker on if it helps.

I could get the frame logo'd and photographed by a pro and I could then charge £40 more. But not everyone cares for such graces and formalities

I am not trying it on.
The frame is not rubbish
my customers are not idiots

you don't get to be a respected and trusted businesses by selling rubbish to idiots. I am just a cyclist like everyone on this forum, I have been sold crappy products, rubbish customer service, again just like everyone else on this forum: and that is why we don't F about it comes to treating customers fairly.

Sincerely, it's good to see what people think of the frame and the alternatives you guys would consider. I also enjoyed the metalology lesson. Cheers a d many thanks for the generous and kind posts.

Welcome aboard friend and good for you for sticking up for yourself, I'm in the process of making a bow press for my cross bow, for my own use I must add, but what folk need to think about is this, the knowledge and ability to plan, fabricate and weld the sought of kit we are talking about doesn't fall out of the trees and so what if it isn't a brand name!!!, if you have the ability and knowledge, you know that the end product will produce the goods for what or whoever it is for, the thing is, in these "Americanised UK" days we need to able to sleep at night knowing that the buck does very firmly stop at our door if owt should go wrong.
I clicked the link to your products and only looked at one thing, your feedback and that alone is evidence of happy customers, so your gear would be fine for me.
The feedback thing is another commodity that doesn't fall off trees;).

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
peanut said:
I'm willing to re-consider if you can demonstrate to me that the frame is good value for money.
where was the frame made ?
what does it weigh ?
what are the forks made of ?
what tests have been conducted on it and what safety certification does it bear?
what warantee comes with the frame?

Peanut, you're starting to sound a little weird mate, the responses you've received are really a reaction to your OP stating the frame was rubbish. Have a think about what you're saying and what you're asking. For example:-

look at off the peg frames around the £3-400 price bracket - then look at complete bike prices for those frames - you'll find prices around the £900-£1200 bracket for lower-middle builds. You can do the maths for the higher end builds.

now look at all the complete bikes available for prices ranging £250-£900 - logic will tell you that a lot of these bikes will be built around frames similar, or lower, spec to the one you reference in the OP. Bunging some decals on a frame make no difference to the quality. The Pompino frame always got reasonable reviews and it was a lot cheaper. Having tried both I'd go for steel over cheap aluminium every time.

As for warranties etc, look around, the seller gets good press and has a solid business. It only takes a couple of failures and complaints to do serious damage to an image. For the small profit level these frames will afford the seller, do you really think they'd be risking their business reputation on a pile of poo?

Would I buy one, if it matched my needs, yes, though I prefer the idea of options on a frame, re gears, brakes, clearance etc. Hence my choice of the Crosscheck and my keeping an eye on a Karate Monkey, quite fancy a turn in 29er territory. But, in this instance, I wouldn't have concerns re frame quality.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I have bought bits off Charliethebikemonger from e bay in the past and found what he was selling to be good value for the price and delivered very quickly.

Not sure what point you are trying to make Peanut, if you don't like the price of the frame don't buy it.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Rhythm Thief said:
Peanut is trying to make the point that when people don't agree with him, they're wrong and he's entitled to be very rude to them indeed, while at the same time being at liberty to complain to the mods about being picked on. I think he's left now, and a good thing too.

Seems to have deleted all of his posts on this thread as well. xx(

Top Bottom