ecover washing-up liquid

ecover

• It's completely useless

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Of course it is, but it makes me feel saintly, and I can brag about it at dinner parties.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Animal fat never passes the threshold of The Sacred Temple that is my body.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Pssst. Can I come round and score some of your Fairy Liquid....?

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Christmas night found me alone in a kitchen with an Aga, a large Belfast sink, and a very large roasting dish that a big boy had just vacated. Eighteen pounds of turkey flesh. There was a fair amount of fat stuck to the pan, and not interested in the film on the box, I thought I might get stuck into the washing-up and earn some credit with my hosts.. The water from the tap was hotter than Dutch love, and there was a vast supply of ecover planet-friendly gloop.... but the fat stuck around, despite being chased about from one end of the sink to another. For about half an hour. I'm curious...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Option 5. You're not very good at washing up.

Ecover deals perfectly well with far worse things than turkey fat, what with turkeys being as lean as a ladder.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You're supposed to re-melt the fat you didn't use in the gravy and pour it on the dog's food, leaving only a thin film residue in the roasting pan.
Later on, I sat next to a pointer that had been fed according to your instructions. It's not an experience I would wish to repeat without an industrial respirator and a bag of charcoal biscuits for the hound.

Colin_P

Guru
Always let the pans soak, it saves time in the long run.

Anyway, I hope you scraped the gizzard juice and jelly off said pan and binned it before putting into soak. You don't want to have a fat-burg on your conscience.

Top Bottom