"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I should hit 70 in the next month or so. 75 is probably going to take me until about the end of 2018. Beyond that I probably will only hit intermediate E numbers as side-effects of going for E100 which will probably take me until at least 2026. I don't intend to do many rides of (say) 83 miles - I would rather do 1 x 100 miles and 1 x 66 miles than 2 x 83.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I should hit 70 in the next month or so.

70 will probably be next year for me. Currently at 65, 6 rides of 68 needed to get to 68, so that'll be before the end of the year (summer if I get my finger out) but need 10 rides of 70miles to get there, so unless I do 2 70+ rides as well as my imperial centuries this year..... :blush:

ColinJ

Damn - I just 'lost' a 113 mile ride! (I just noticed that I had accidentally logged the same ride twice when dredging up records of old rides from diaries.)

I suppose the 'correct' attitude would be to be really pleased that I now have motivation to do an extra imperial century ...? :whistle:

ColinJ

Yesterday's imperial century forum ride takes me to E70 and to more than one third of my lifetime target of E100 - I have now officially done 35 century+ rides. I'm sure that there are other centuries that I did not write down and that I have forgotten about. I am also sure that there were lots more rides between 70 and 100 miles in length but I have no way of recalling them now.

lutonloony

Über Member
A very nice ride today notched up the next number:

Your imperial Eddington Number is 114.
You need to do 7 ride(s) of at least 115 to increase it to 115.
You need to do 16 ride(s) of at least 116 to increase it to 116.
You need to do 26 ride(s) of at least 117 to increase it to 117.
You need to do 49 ride(s) of at least 120 to increase it to 120.
You need to do 138 ride(s) of at least 150 to increase it to 150.
You need to do 199 ride(s) of at least 200 to increase it to 200.

It looks as though 114 has been one of my less frequent numbers, so it's not too far to the next step up.
I thought you had to do 115 @ 115, ? Etc

Top Bottom