"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanZac

Single ride Eddington now at 94, aiming to get that to 100 by the end of the year

Is that single as in solo? Or is my understanding of the Eddington number thing wrong?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm soon going to be stuck for a while ... I am currently still on E72. My metric centuries (62 miles) and 'long' metric centuries are usually less than 72 miles so they don't help. If I am going to do a ride longer than 72 miles, I'd usually think about making it 100 to count towards my lifetime goal of E100. The problem is that it is really hilly round here so either I do very hard centuries, or the same limited choice of flatter routes, or I have to travel quite a long distance to do those centuries - e.g. the Llandudno, (extended) Scarborough, Cheshire, or Humber Bridge forum rides

I need 4 x 73 miles for E73, 7 x 74 miles for E74, and 10 x 75 miles for E75. I'll try to avoid doing too many 76-99 mile rides because it will take me the rest of my life to achieve E100 if I do! I need another 58 x 100+ miles but only did 7 such rides last year. At that rate it would take me another 8+ years and I am rapidly heading towards 63 years of age. I'd like to think that I will still be riding centuries in my 70s but I'd prefer to achieve my goal before my 60s are over!

13 rider

Guru
Took my Eddington to 103 on Friday, only 12 days of 104 or more for the next one :whistle: and 23 of 105 or more for the next :wacko:

Single ride Eddington now at 94, aiming to get that to 100 by the end of the year

Is that single as in solo? Or is my understanding of the Eddington number thing wrong?
I believe he means 94 hundred mile rides and 103 miles days that is separate rides during the day , not doing the ride solo

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
This really is the year for progressing my Eddington No. Currently on 55, but only 6 x60 milers away from getting it up to 60, so if I complete the Metric Century Challenge, that will take care of itself. I have only ever done 3x rides of 50-59 miles, as I've been "aiming over the horizon" by doing the MCaM Challenge. Now that it is up to 55, it would kill me to do a big ride that was any less than my Eddington No. By next Spring I'll be at 62 and I'll have hit my realistic limit, though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Grabbed myself a new E number yesterday on our Doncaster to London ride. Now up to 113.
Getting really hard now. 14 rides of 114 or over to reach that figure.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Eddington number still at 103, but only 3 days of 104 or more now needed to move up.

Finally got the Eddington in one ride up to 100, in fact it is now at 101 but need 8 more rides of 102 or more to move that one up,

Metric Eddington is now at 150, no idea what I need to do to move that one up as I don't really track it.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm now at 68 & my next 2 70+ mile rides will see me hit 70 this year after all :smile:

Not been chasing big mileage rides this year, but my E no is now 73, but need quite a few big rides to hit 80. Might be back in the imperial century challenge next year if January is kind, so that should help. My metric E no is at 98, so that should soon be 100, but I'm old school & still work in imperial as a rule :blush:

Top Bottom