"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
My GPS-verified Eddington is now 88. My first uploaded ride was February 24th 2016, so if I can get to 100 by November 18th (I think) I'll have done it in under 1000 days. I'm a little behind schedule but early September should give me a chance to catch up.

For the "classic" Eddington, which includes my old paper records, I need 4 more for 117. I think the limit is going to be 120, possibly 121, before I'm done. For the GPS-veridied version, 110 or 111. In the end I'll probably regard that one as the more significant. There could be a good argument for not trying to get there too soon.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
For the "classic" Eddington, which includes my old paper records, I need 4 more for 117. I think the limit is going to be 120, possibly 121, before I'm done. For the GPS-veridied version, 110 or 111. In the end I'll probably regard that one as the more significant. There could be a good argument for not trying to get there too soon.

Massive Kudos for anyone who gets over an imperial Eddington of over 100 :okay: I've done many century rides, but nowhere near 100, if I get my Eddington to 100 I'll be a very happy man, but I've done very few rides much over 100, so to get beyond that is going to take a massive effort, so I reckon if & when I get to 100 I won't be chasing any more, maybe ..... :laugh::laugh:

Well done Aravis & all others who are at 100+ :notworthy:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I need 4 x 73 miles for E73, 7 x 74 miles for E74, and 10 x 75 miles for E75. I'll try to avoid doing too many 76-99 mile rides because it will take me the rest of my life to achieve E100 if I do! I need another 58 x 100+ miles but only did 7 such rides last year. At that rate it would take me another 8+ years and I am rapidly heading towards 63 years of age. I'd like to think that I will still be riding centuries in my 70s but I'd prefer to achieve my goal before my 60s are over!
E73 achieved, now 2 x 74 miles needed for E74, 5 x 75 miles for E75, 7 x 76 miles for E76, and still 54 x 100+ miles for my lifetime target of E100 (mostly on hilly routes).

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Got my Eddington up to 100 today
Metric though :whistle:

Top Bottom