"Eddington Number"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@Supersuperleeds has rode a century today can you guess how far ?
Correct 112 miles 😂

Of course 😆

steverob

Guru
I almost missed my latest Eddington increase, now up to 64 following the Tour of Cambs sportive (69.9 miles done on the day).

My problem is that Veloviewer counts me as having done three more than I actually have because of two long virtual rides (yes I know, I didn't actually go anywhere, but that's why I don't count them) plus there was one day where I started a ride, then got a mechanical, walked it to a bike shop to get it fixed (which I did record the GPS for, because why not?), then finished off my ride from there, which in total was over 64 miles, but the cycling parts were only 62-ish in total. So my home page has been saying 64 for a while because the default options display all activities. I finally remembered to set it to "ride only" yesterday and noticed it had ticked over from 63 - now legitimately.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
100 ... At last.

I've not done any computery stuff yet but it will probably say something like "to reach 101 you need lots of rides, 105 you need absolute tons of rides and 110 ... you might as well forget it"

Celebrating with coffee and cake.

Good stuff

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Because most of my centuries have been bang on or not much more than 100 miles, with 10 or so 200k audaxes thrown in, plus a tiny number of longer rides I'm hitting a bit of a wall now with the "proper" Imperial Eddington.

Imperial Eddington 100
for 101 need 15
for 102 need 33
for 105 need 75
for 110 need 92

But there's still room for growth if I look at it through metric units.
Metric Eddington 123
for 125 need 3
for 130 need 11
for 150 need 45

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
110 miles today brings me up to an imperial Eddington of 107.

And now the bad news:

108 - 35 required

109 - 49 required
110 - 51 required

Maybe I need to go back through my records for a few extra credits as I haven't bothered aggregating multiple rides in the same day, and just included single/continues rides.

Does this mean that you have done 35 rides of between 107 and 107.99 miles, or am I getting confused in my (relative) dotage ?

Andrew

13 rider

Guru
Because most of my centuries have been bang on or not much more than 100 miles, with 10 or so 200k audaxes thrown in, plus a tiny number of longer rides I'm hitting a bit of a wall now with the "proper" Imperial Eddington.

Imperial Eddington 100
for 101 need 15
for 102 need 33
for 105 need 75
for 110 need 92

But there's still room for growth if I look at it through metric units.
Metric Eddington 123
for 125 need 3
for 130 need 11
for 150 need 45
I think I need 12 more over 101 to get to 101 , I'm trying to do around 105 when completing centuries , it will get tough once I get to 105

Top Bottom