Eddy Merckx Backing Mark Cavendish There is a reason Why & How it's possible for some of us to break records!...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
But he SHOUTED it. It must be true! And significant ... in some way ...
It's extra true and significant, because my wife said it too. She said "oh bugger, look, he's boxed in". Because he was, undeniably, boxed in.

Them's the breaks.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It's extra true and significant, because my wife said it too. She said "oh bugger, look, he's boxed in". Because he was, undeniably, boxed in.

Them's the breaks.

I think Tony thinks Wout should have waved Mark past. No no, after you old chap, no rush from me…

OP
OP
Anthony.R.Brown

Anthony.R.Brown

And did you not notice the word “jokes”?

And did you read in the article... My answers are in brackets ()

"Cavendish was led out perfectly by his Deceuninck - Quick Step teammates, and Van Aert's strategy was to remain behind them before launching his move in the final 200 metres."

"I came out of Cavendish's slipstream, but in the wind I couldn't completely make up the gap," he reflected."
(This is where Van Aert realised he could not beat Cavendish)

"I deliberately didn't want to go ahead of Cav with the headwind, but it didn't give me much time to get any closer either."
(More wake up time in a desperate situation for Van Aert)

"I have no excuses: he was faster. I was where everyone wants to be in this Tour: on the Quick Step train.
(Confirmation that Cavendish was faster!) :smile:

"I have to thank Mike Teunissen. The teamwork was beautiful. It is motivating to make something out of it in this Tour."
(The blocking in by Van Aert's team mate Mike Teunissen worked) :sad:

Wout van Aert jokes he'll try to stop Mark Cavendish winning again at Tour de France 'especially for Eddy Merckx'

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...-at-tour-de-france-especially-for-eddy-merckx

I have seen people saying all sorts

but of Cav won it because other backed off then the win - and the record - are bogus
he has to win because he was the fastest - end

soooooo

are they having a prologue time trial next year - and do those count???
asking for a friend - from the IoM

OP
OP
Anthony.R.Brown

Anthony.R.Brown

but of Cav won it because other backed off then the win - and the record - are bogus

soooooo

Can anyone understand the English grammar ? used in the post above ? :sad:

OP
OP
Anthony.R.Brown

Anthony.R.Brown

Can you explain ?

Below is not related ?

soooooo

FishFright

More wheels than sense
There is a difference in this situation...

Wout van Aert jokes he'll try to stop Mark Cavendish winning again at Tour de France 'especially for Eddy Merckx'

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...-at-tour-de-france-especially-for-eddy-merckx

This is how sprinting works . Sprinters are the jocks (butch) of the peleton and only behave this well because the rules force them too.

There is nothing special going on here just the normal boisterous headbanging tough play that they love .

Top Bottom