Edinburgh to jog any help would be appreciated

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill-H

slow and steady
I have followed a few routes up to edinburgh.I have mine almost done I have avoided all high bridges as not keen on the heights ( I know daft ).
So route advice please up to jog quite roads preferred hoping for three days.
Thank you

Last edited:

Fubar

Guru
@snorri might be able to assist, you either go via Forth Road Bridge (quickest, very high, but safe) or Kincardine Bridge (lower but big detour) or via Stirling (no bridge but even bigger detour). Getting through Fife to Perth easy enough, plot a route Inverkeithing, Kelty, Kinross and Perth via Glenfarg, after that avoid the main A9 like the plague - I think some use the old A9 but I've no knowledge further than Perth. Oh and it's Edinburgh, not Borough ;)

Rasmus

Without a clever title
If really want to avoid the Forth bridge, you could do something like Stirling-Crieff-Aberfeldy-B847 to the A9. Without plotting it, I would guess that it would not be significantly longer than going through Fife. Plenty of hills, though...

snorri

Legendary Member
If the OP doesn't want to cross the Forth bridge, what about the Kessock Bridge? The bridge across the river Findhorn at Tomatin, the Cromarty and Dornoch Firth bridges are also on the most direct route, as is the bridge over the Helmsdale river.
Avoidance of any or all of these bridges will add considerable mileage to the journey.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The Forth bridge is fine for someone who doesn't like heights - the cycle path is very wide and the barriers are quite high. The horrible one is the one on the A9 just north of Inverness - a narrow path with low barriers. I had my face set firmly forward across that last summer.

Top Bottom