Electra handlebars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manonabike

Über Member
I'm looking for handlebars for my new SS project and I found these Electra handlebars that I like very much but I cannot find any reviews or any information about them.... my main concern is how safe would they be.....

There are a few well known makers offering the "moustaches" bars but nothing like the Electra...

Any information at all would be most appreciated.

Perfectly safe.

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
Well I guess it is strong enough for normal riding but my concern was basically when off the saddle, while climbing, and putting lots of weight on the bar (I'm 15 stones)

Both Mickle and I are involved with running large public cycling roadshows and the bikes on them get somne very serious abuse. In over ten years I've never seen a pair of handlebars like that break.

OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
Excellent!!!! Thanks ever so much for the reassurances - I'd better order them now before I change my mind again :biggrin: - honestly, this has been the most difficult item to choose..... I change my mind every 1o minutes :laugh:

Why would you think they are not compatible with a 4 bolt steam? I'd had thought that with a shim to build that the size of the bar then a 4 bolt steam would be ok but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom