Electric Bike or Normal bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Best thing you're ever going to buy so if it cost a bit more, don't worry, you will be here longer to pay for it.

Given the OP is very overweight I would honestly suggest they buy a secondhand rigid 26" wheel mountain bike and use that to get some mileage in. The gearing will get up any hill, and the bike will be robust enough to hold up with a heavy rider on board. A lot of bikes are not really rated for 17 stone riders, and although something dramatic like a frame failure is highly unlikely, the wheels especially are going to take a lot of punishment.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Given the OP is very overweight I would honestly suggest they buy a secondhand rigid 26" wheel mountain bike and use that to get some mileage in. The gearing will get up any hill, and the bike will be robust enough to hold up with a heavy rider on board. A lot of bikes are not really rated for 17 stone riders, and although something dramatic like a frame failure is highly unlikely, the wheels especially are going to take a lot of punishment.
what a load of absolute nonsense..........ive been over 17st for the last 2 yrs......was even 17st 2lbs when i rode my cannondale synapse disc hi mod carbon for 5 days in the alps....the absolute nonsense that some posters get away with in this forum is comical to say the least

ive ridden carbon wheels, frames, cranks and less than 24 spoke wheels at higher weights than 17st without any issue whatsoever

OP
OP
S

Stuka

what a load of absolute nonsense..........ive been over 17st for the last 2 yrs......was even 17st 2lbs when i rode my cannondale synapse disc hi mod carbon for 5 days in the alps....the absolute nonsense that some posters get away with in this forum is comical to say the least

I've ridden carbon wheels, frames, cranks and less than 24 spoke wheels at higher weights than 17st without any issue whatsoever
Thanks for that my stomach isn't fat ,I remember when I went to Westmoreland Street hospital for my Heart op The staff there thought I had FAT my wife tried to explain that was Muscle from the days when( I used to do weight Lifting to Show off in them days thinking I could pull the Birds ) but the would have none f it so I had to have a scan afterwards they had to agree with my wife. all they found 2 very small Kidney stones but that was it I know I should be about 15 St but when I got to my age Sod It !! There is not many big fellas like us left Thanks jowwy

Top Bottom