Electric bikes on trails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I think when cycling anywhere with young children as the OP was, your opinion differs slightly as you become more protective. I have no issue with Chain gangs flying at high speed along the Lune Cycle Path but on a weekend when I have my kids it can feel like double the speed when they fly past and one nasty accident if they collide with children. Maybe the OP was a little more sensitive to the issue because he was with his son and it was predominantly ebikes passing him that day
then ban children from the trails instead lol....:laugh:^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think bikes should be banned from cycle trails, does nobody care for the dog walkers any more.

Ban dog walkers, not the dogs ! :laugh:

Why should he be jealous that he doesn't own one? Surely if that were the case he could easily remedy the situation by going to a shop and purchasing one? Its a chuffing ebike, not a Stradivarius or a Michaelangelo.

I fail to see any element of either superiority or kudos there (and I speak as an ebike owner myself).
Yesterday when I arrived home covered in mud, soaking crotch like I had persisted myself, lop sided cycle helmet and mismatched clothing, my son remarked I was an embarrassment... father in law rolled up to borrow something on his ebike with shell suit bottoms, works jumper, and trainers he took from my garage. At that point it was difficult to see who had the most superiority or kudos

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yesterday when I arrived home covered in mud, soaking crotch like I had persisted myself, lop sided cycle helmet and mismatched clothing, my son remarked I was an embarrassment... father in law rolled up to borrow something on his ebike with shell suit bottoms, works jumper, and trainers he took from my garage. At that point it was difficult to see who had the most superiority or kudos

You've still got to look good covered in mud or not. May I suggest waterproof baggies to keep the botty dry. Waterproof MTB boots for the win.

Ebike or not. Shell suit.....:ohmy:

You've still got to look good covered in mud or not. May I suggest waterproof baggies to keep the botty dry. Waterproof MTB boots for the win.

Ebike or not. Shell suit.....:ohmy:
I had 5tens on and my son still crushed me

the shell suit ? I have no answers for that

Drago

Legendary Member
Please tell me he was wearing his slippers.

johnblack

Über Member
I fully intend to get one when I'm a bit older and the legs start to go, maybe as a 60h birthday / retirement present.
Me too, can't wait, just for pub runs and that kind of thing, probably get it fixed up so I can get some extra speed out of it too, I know that will incense some people but if I'm getting some assistance, I want a lot of it.

I wish i bumped into someone here on the trails. Done about 400km on my new to me MTB in the last few weeks and haven't seen anyone so far, except a few deer and a fox, i feel lonely reading this thread.

I did stop at Whinlatter Forest "Bike Park" last summer when over in Blightly and was pretty shocked to see a forest that looked busier than a motorway:wacko:

I wish i bumped into someone here on the trails. Done about 400km on my new to me MTB in the last few weeks and haven't seen anyone so far, except a few deer and a fox, i feel lonely reading this thread.

I did stop at Whinlatter Forest "Bike Park" last summer when over in Blightly and was pretty shocked to see a forest that looked busier than a motorway:wacko:
Hells bells, in Summer it’s awful. I avoid any of it especially the trail centres and the main tourist areas of Windermere, Ambleside etc. Even in summer it’s still possible to find space on the fells with nothing but a Herdwick for company

Top Bottom