Electric bikes on trails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
I wish i bumped into someone here on the trails. Done about 400km on my new to me MTB in the last few weeks and haven't seen anyone so far, except a few deer and a fox, i feel lonely reading this thread.

I did stop at Whinlatter Forest "Bike Park" last summer when over in Blightly and was pretty shocked to see a forest that looked busier than a motorway:wacko:
I was kinda thinking the same thing, I ride the local woods, bridleways and byways, hardly a sole about, reckon the best bet is to stay out of the places that seem to cause these kind of high emotions!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Mod note:

Well, that was an interesting diversion.:wacko: A big clean up of the thread derailment has been carried out. Can everyone please discuss the topic with civility from here on.

Thankyou.

al78

Guru
Isn't the problem that people are trying to squeeze past in what feels like an aggressive manner? Would it make any difference if they were not on an e-bike and were merely a stronger, faster cyclist that you? Surely the problem is inconsiderate individuals. Looking at it from the other side, they could think others are inconsiderate by not allowing faster riders through when it is perfectly safe and reasonable to do so. Nobody has the right to force others to go at their pace, be they fast or slow, and it is all about thought and consideration, something which in the individualistic entitled UK is sadly lacking.

Before anyone tries to project the inconsiderate behaviour onto me, I ride similarly to how I drive, I give way and overtake with a wide berth, alerting pedestrians to my presence if on shared use paths, and I've never had anyone have a problem with me. I did have a minor problem this morning when a jogger came out of a side street and straight into the road in front of me forcing evasive action, fortunately I was able to move to the other side of the road well before the oncoming car reached me.

Top Bottom