Electric cyclist down in Bristol..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
There is no doubt that the driver is ;

1. At fault
2. Ignorant
3. A poor driver
4. Ugly

But.

I cant see why this fella didnt slow down and take evasive action, he seems to just Honk his air zound and then plough onwards (I swear I can even hear his crank turning as he pedals on) . Look at the vid again, he almost seems to speed up immediatley after sounding his airzound.

I am left with a recurring sense that he simply doesnt know the speed of that bike, or how to handle it.

Be honest would any of you have ended up as close to the backside of that car as he did before it swung left.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
As I said upthread, it's not certain whether he braked or not, and from Gaz's video mentioned I wouldn't like to make the call.

I cant see why this fella didnt slow down and take evasive action, he seems to just Honk his air zound and then plough onwards (I swear I can even hear his crank turning as he pedals on) . Look at the vid again, he almost seems to speed up immediatley after sounding his airzound.

I am left with a recurring sense that he simply doesnt know the speed of that bike, or how to handle it.

Be honest would any of you have ended up as close to the backside of that car as he did before it swung left.
I think in the heat of the moment he went to chase after her to confront her, but wasn't expecting the left hook. But also I am not sure whether the video shows the full story of whether he was braking.
Like others, I have looked in horror at some of the videos on his channel, but in this case I am on his side. Terrible driving.

locker

Let point out one thing, the position of my AirZound is right next to my brake operated by my thumb, it is so easy to operate whilst braking & sometimes too easily when braking, this recent RTC was at a low speed as I had nearly come to a halt (as I was braking hard) but the car caught the front wheel & spun the bike around.
Do people really think I have death wish I`m not the arrogant cyclist I used to be when I 1st started cycling but I confess to being an arrogant Youtuber thats why the other video`s are still up & the comments certainly amuse me.
But this video certainly brought the comments I liked & has reinforced the fact that being a twat is ok but not being a twat is even better.
Also I do know that how this woman that hit me felt & why she made these remarks because I reacted in the same way when I hit the poor girl on the cycle path, it was pure ignorance. I am so glad I am not as ignorant as I was & I`m not afraid to say it.

Bman

Guru
Well, I hope your not too badly injured and your bike is ok.

Keep us up to date on the driver/police situation.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Let point out one thing, the position of my AirZound is right next to my brake operated by my thumb, it is so easy to operate whilst braking & sometimes too easily when braking, this recent RTC was at a low speed as I had nearly come to a halt (as I was braking hard) but the car caught the front wheel & spun the bike around.
Do people really think I have death wish I`m not the arrogant cyclist I used to be when I 1st started cycling but I confess to being an arrogant Youtuber thats why the other video`s are still up & the comments certainly amuse me.
But this video certainly brought the comments I liked & has reinforced the fact that being a twat is ok but not being a twat is even better.
Also I do know that how this woman that hit me felt & why she made these remarks because I reacted in the same way when I hit the poor girl on the cycle path, it was pure ignorance. I am so glad I am not as ignorant as I was & I`m not afraid to say it.

I'm glad you've taken the time to reply to these posts and your comments seem to show a good level of "learning" which I guess is all positive stuff.

I do, however think you should consider getting a standard bike, may of your incidents seems to be compounded by "speed" or the lack of understanding of just how fast you are going...or perhaps how fast the elec assist can react to your physical input. I spent a great deal of time testing elec assist bikes of all flavours and found some of them to be unnerving (especially on bends or in the wet). I tried a range from the standard treks to the rolls royce-esque Kalkoff ...and they all varied.

The effort you put into the elec bike clearly shows a physical capability.

I suspect you would have less incidents on a non assist bike.

locker

There is no doubt that the driver is ;

1. At fault
2. Ignorant
3. A poor driver
4. Ugly

But.

1. Evasive action was taken by braking & moving to the left (thinking she was only turning right)

2. Swear all you like but I assure the noise wasn`t the pedals turning

3.It looks like I may have speeded up because the car had slowed down thus giving the appearance of me going faster

4.I certainly know the the speed of the bike & I can handle it but I couldn`t handle the big metal cage that decided to dart in front of me

5.Stopping distance for a car traveling at 20mph is 12 mts. I was doing I think about 22mph, I was about 18 mts. from point of impact when I noticed her coming from the right, I really can`t remember actually when I started to brake hard but it was a glancing blow to the side of the car which turned my front wheel with the direction the car that took me down another 1/2 a sec. & it would have a few swear words (under my breath because of the school kids) & on to work to download the near miss to Youtube.

I still rate the accent, and a south london accent, as the best for shouting 'wannnnnnnnkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaa' at people:thumbsup:^_^

Whats the outcome of this, or is it ongoing?

locker

I'm glad you've taken the time to reply to these posts and your comments seem to show a good level of "learning" which I guess is all positive stuff.

I do, however think you should consider getting a standard bike, may of your incidents seems to be compounded by "speed" or the lack of understanding of just how fast you are going...or perhaps how fast the elec assist can react to your physical input. I spent a great deal of time testing elec assist bikes of all flavours and found some of them to be unnerving (especially on bends or in the wet). I tried a range from the standard treks to the rolls royce-esque Kalkoff ...and they all varied.

The effort you put into the elec bike clearly shows a physical capability.

I suspect you would have less incidents on a non assist bike.

Maybe when I`ve lost another stone & given up smoking

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
[QUOTE 1755456, member: 45"]Without wanting to start a separate argument, it appears to take you 7 seconds to deccelerate from 25 to 20, and 3 seconds to deccelerate from 10 to 5 mph. And that follows from how things look on the video. So I'm not sure how this demonstrates that locker might have been braking harder than he looks to be on the clip.

But again, poor driving on the taxi driver's part.[/quote]
Watch it without the speedo and it looks like I barely slow down, when I do.

BSRU

A Human Being
I am still surprised that some people think any cyclist would want to collide with a large moving metal box just because they have a camera:wacko: .
As far as I am aware the only people in general who want to collide with a car are other car drivers, who do not have a camera, as part of an insurance scam.

I think most cyclists would have been caught out by the car suddenly turning left.

400bhp

Guru
1. Evasive action was taken by braking & moving to the left (thinking she was only turning right)

2. Swear all you like but I assure the noise wasn`t the pedals turning

3.It looks like I may have speeded up because the car had slowed down thus giving the appearance of me going faster

4.I certainly know the the speed of the bike & I can handle it but I couldn`t handle the big metal cage that decided to dart in front of me

5.Stopping distance for a car traveling at 20mph is 12 mts. I was doing I think about 22mph, I was about 18 mts. from point of impact when I noticed her coming from the right, I really can`t remember actually when I started to brake hard but it was a glancing blow to the side of the car which turned my front wheel with the direction the car that took me down another 1/2 a sec. & it would have a few swear words (under my breath because of the school kids) & on to work to download the near miss to Youtube.

Shall I tell you what happpened.

When she pulled out on you from your right, the red mist descended and you used the horn, rather than look to avoid the danger. You were then caught out when the driver decided to do a left turn.

Look at your other vids, testosterone before common sense.

Top Bottom