Electric cyclist down in Bristol..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

locker

Damages to the car!! :ohmy:
Hope she gets the book thrown at her, well done to the Policeman in question, is there any damage to you or the bike?

very minimal damage to the bike as I was almost stopped but the car spun the front wheel round & took me down, damage to my knees & lower legs & still in some pain but I`m driving the car for a while

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
If anyone is interested I was asked by the Police to drop the video into the Police station as the driver had reported the accident & was wanting to make a claim against me for damages to the car & of course she did not have my details & the officer dealing with this seemed matter fact & was doing his job.
I was able to drop a copy of the video into the not so local police station that was seemed to be the only one in Bristol that is open after 5pm as this officer would be on duty.
On arrival at the Police station I found that he was not available & left the video for him, I thought then I may hear back next week some time.
Two hours later I received a phone call on my mobile from this officer who started the conversation with these words " I viewed the video & had my boss view it, we have 3 counts of due care & 1 count of leaving the scene & we can do the following:
1. give a verbal caution
2. send her on a driving re-fresher course, which will cost her about £120
3. take her to court if you are willing to pursue this
not putting words into your mouth but I suggest the third option as I have not seen such bad driving for a long time "
I went for the third option & he then said he would contact her to make a statement under caution.
He then wanted to know where I got the camera from, what is was & how good it was to be able to have evidence like this.
I thanked him & he said he would be in touch during the next week.
15 minutes later the phone rang again & I heard this nice speaking policeman talking in a more aggressive voice saying " I have just spoken to Mrs. X & told her what was going to happen & now we may go for DANGEROUS DRIVING as I have never been spoken to like she did to me before, she is oblivious to what she has done, I am sorry to have to ring you again but if I can I will see you tomorrow at your shop for a statement"
All I can say is never piss off a copper that is holding a loaded video.

Excellent news.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
If anyone is interested I was asked by the Police to drop the video into the Police station as the driver had reported the accident & was wanting to make a claim against me for damages to the car & of course she did not have my details & the officer dealing with this seemed matter fact & was doing his job.
I was able to drop a copy of the video into the not so local police station that was seemed to be the only one in Bristol that is open after 5pm as this officer would be on duty.
On arrival at the Police station I found that he was not available & left the video for him, I thought then I may hear back next week some time.
Two hours later I received a phone call on my mobile from this officer who started the conversation with these words " I viewed the video & had my boss view it, we have 3 counts of due care & 1 count of leaving the scene & we can do the following:
1. give a verbal caution
2. send her on a driving re-fresher course, which will cost her about £120
3. take her to court if you are willing to pursue this
not putting words into your mouth but I suggest the third option as I have not seen such bad driving for a long time "
I went for the third option & he then said he would contact her to make a statement under caution.
He then wanted to know where I got the camera from, what is was & how good it was to be able to have evidence like this.
I thanked him & he said he would be in touch during the next week.
15 minutes later the phone rang again & I heard this nice speaking policeman talking in a more aggressive voice saying " I have just spoken to Mrs. X & told her what was going to happen & now we may go for DANGEROUS DRIVING as I have never been spoken to like she did to me before, she is oblivious to what she has done, I am sorry to have to ring you again but if I can I will see you tomorrow at your shop for a statement"
All I can say is never piss off a copper that is holding a loaded video.
She sounds like a right tool. Please keep us up to date.

dawesome

Blimey, all she had to do was keep her mouth shut, instead it sounds like she gave the cops her Vicky Pollard routine.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Locker, do you notice how the tone of this thread has now shifted and is a whole lot more supportive.

See, that's how it works. If you post a vid up here and ask for comment ... you can bet your best biking scoutbadge that people will offer it. Some of it will hurt, some will support, some wont...but all will be candid. However, at the end of the day the majority of us (you included) just want to the rest of us get a result and ride safe. So iots worth listening and not just leaping to the defence.

Idoits exist in may forms, but from my experience the members on here are some of the best about (even those that I've had falling outs with have maintained dignity and a good deal of insight). We are certainly not a bullying bunch, stick around, you may enjoy it.

Let us know how the old bill process this old bint!

locker

Locker, do you notice how the tone of this thread has now shifted and is a whole lot more supportive.

See, that's how it works. If you post a vid up here and ask for comment ... you can bet your best biking scoutbadge that people will offer it. Some of it will hurt, some will support, some wont...but all will be candid. However, at the end of the day the majority of us (you included) just want to the rest of us get a result and ride safe. So iots worth listening and not just leaping to the defence.

Idoits exist in may forms, but from my experience the members on here are some of the best about (even those that I've had falling outs with have maintained dignity and a good deal of insight). We are certainly not a bullying bunch, stick around, you may enjoy it.

Let us know how the old bill process this old bint!

Yes it has changed as I have but after that thread of nearly 50 pages last year where the bullying was bad I still have reservations. But I have been looking at the forums quite often.

But of course the idiots don`t know who they are as they won`t accept that they are idiots :hyper:

:cheers:

Top Bottom