Electric Motor Kit for the Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrklaw

Looking at the posted article and videos, it looks like there's an easy connector built in to the luggage block, rather than a cable which you manually unplug. This is great for taking the pack off quickly and easily, but as I mentioned above, not great if you normally use the luggage block for luggage.

I can only imagine that Brompton will develop (or have developed) a bigger combo bag that houses the connector and battery pack plus leaves room for you stuff.

It's pretty short-sighted if not.

As for my earlier comment about not being able to fit SPDs, it looks like the sensor is housed in the bottom bracket - hence the need for a larger shell - so you'd be able to fit whatever you wanted.

Standard bike comes with a 1.5L bag containing the bike. There is also an option for a larger bag which I assume is also designed to take the battery (with space for luggage)

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Looking at the posted article and videos, it looks like there's an easy connector built in to the luggage block, rather than a cable which you manually unplug. This is great for taking the pack off quickly and easily, but as I mentioned above, not great if you normally use the luggage block for luggage.

I can only imagine that Brompton will develop (or have developed) a bigger combo bag that houses the connector and battery pack plus leaves room for you stuff.

It's pretty short-sighted if not.

As for my earlier comment about not being able to fit SPDs, it looks like the sensor is housed in the bottom bracket - hence the need for a larger shell - so you'd be able to fit whatever you wanted.

I agree. I have the T-Bag, and will not be able to use it with the present configuration. I use the bag for grocery shopping, as I can turn the bike into a shopping cart. They need to rethink this.

Mrklaw

https://www.brompton.com/brompton-electric/why-brompton-electric

All of the electric bikes will come with the standard battery bag, which has a pocket to fit your essentials or your charger. However, you can also add upgrades to your selection. We are offering a commuter battery bag that has room for your larger items like a laptop as well as the power supply and more. There is also a fast-charger option, reducing the charging time by up to 50% so you can get on the road quicker if you're ever running low.

BigG

Regular
F3A69285-7CD2-49D7-83A4-AB5364915A81.jpeg
The Apple Green bike has the Ortlieb Mini O Bag and the white electric one shows the 1.5 litre standard bag that comes with the electric Brompton.

The 1.5 litre bag is just enough for the battery, your phone, keys and a couple of bars of choccie! Don’t expect to be able to put your waterproofs in there.

Re the fast charger for the official Brompton electric bike.... if you opt for it you get both chargers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom