Electric runabouts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Fortunately I wont need to resort to any of that old fashioned mains electricity stuff. Even on an overcast day like today my panels are punting out 2kW, and all I'm using is the internet, and the excess goes into the National Grid.

You need some sort of battery storage system, maybe with wheels attached to it ;).

For now. One way or another governments see private transport users as a cash cow. As electric users rise I'd expect to see that 5% figure increase substantially.

But for now, fill your boots.
Thread digression but that will be an interesting one to try and enforce fairly, as at the moment its plugged into the house. It's a good point though, if electric car use substantially increases it will inevitably hit the Government revenue from road fuel duty. Duty on electric is set at 5% as it was politically unacceptable to set it higher when it was introduced. Time will tell.

Diesel is a difficult one as they were promoted (including the Government) as an option in fact Labour cut duty on Diesel as an incentive, and the present system still has incentives to buy diesel

Is it fair to penalise those who acted in good faith and believed the same Governments that now wish to penalise them for following that advice
I was more referring to the price/barrel of oil than the tax regime. To me theres signs of a little more confidence with oil companies with small numbers of rigs and support vessels coming out of lay-up.

screenman

Legendary Member
I'd be interested to know how the Chancellor, AKA Cashgrabber Pursuivant, could tax the sunlight I'd use.

Maybe tax you on the square footage of your panels. I will suggest it too him in a note with my next tax return.

I wonder how he intends to measure them?
Google Earth. Or just send someone round from the local council to guess. Or just have someone from the local council guess without the inconvenience, time and expense of actually going round. Doesn't matter as the 'Solar panel assessment Survey Officer' decision is final anyway.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Been discussing this further with Mrs D. She's all for it. We have something coming up in a couple of months time, but once that's done she says I can pull the trigger on a new Twizy if I want.

Looks like my Christmas is already sorted!

Top Bottom