Electronic shifters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I have Di2 on a home built Kinesis Racelight titanium frame. Its brilliant. As a ball park estimate it cost me in the region of £1000 more for this bike with Di2 as opposed to if I didnt choose to have Di2. I also have a Giant deft Advanced pro 1. (not Di2) The Defy advanced pro 0 wiith Di2 (2019prices) is about £1000 to £1300 more. So you have to make a decision... is it worth that much for Di2?

£300 derrauiler ( i paid £185 for my DI2 XT rear derrauiler from CRC)
£100 battery ( I PAID £85 for my battery from CRC)
£65 shifter (shifter was £35 from ebay)
£35 A junction ( i paid £30 from ebay)
£20x3 for cables....( i paid£12.50 per cable )

£560.....for a flatbar di2 conversion....so actually paid (£370 for my di2 )

wyre forest blues

Über Member
£300 derrauiler ( i paid £185 for my DI2 XT rear derrauiler from CRC)
£100 battery ( I PAID £85 for my battery from CRC)
£65 shifter (shifter was £35 from ebay)
£35 A junction ( i paid £30 from ebay)
£20x3 for cables....( i paid£12.50 per cable )

£560.....for a flatbar di2 conversion....so actually paid (£370 for my di2 )

Seems like you only converted the rear derailleur to be electronic. If you do the front you have two shifters, the addition of a front derailleur, two junction boxes and 6 cables. Road bikes will probably be more expensive anyway. A 6870 Ultegra shifter from Wiggle is £162 and you need two of those.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Seems like you only converted the rear derailleur to be electronic. If you do the front you have two shifters, the addition of a front derailleur, two junction boxes and 6 cables. Road bikes will probably be more expensive anyway. A 6870 Ultegra shifter from Wiggle is £162 and you need two of those.

Not neccessarily; you will of course need a front mech but you can use a single shifter if you use synchroshift.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Have you considered Di2? I've got a RH XTR Di2 shifter I can send you if you want it, it's been sat in my garage for months... depending on your bike you would need at least an XT or XTR Di2 mech and Di2 battery too so not super cheap but by the sounds of things it would fit your needs.

You're still welcome to the shifter, if only to have a play and see if you think it would help before spending any money. Let me know :okay:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Are we aware that the OP wants a front mech...if so its not two junction boxes required its still 1

5 box junction only

2 mechs, 2 shifters, 1 battery......so all he would need

Climbing shifter - £65
Front mech - £150
Cable - £20

Hes riding a flat bar, not drop bars so the 6870 ultegra shifter/brake combo would be useless to him.....sheesh

Top Bottom