Elitism and Snobbery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How old are they? Anyone over 18 who judges people or feels judged by possessions needs to grow up.
I take pride in an element of reverse snobbery with things like that.

Not sure if it is reverse snobbery now, but I'm very happy with my Ribbles

Heck I even used to go out with a few of the local Triathlon Club, & keep up with them on their carbons (in their full kit), & I was on my 'blue/winter' Ribble, with mudguards, & even pass some on the hills!

It's the same reason, why I'm very happy still driving my (almost) 7 year old/130,000mile Octavia estate

A Yorkshire Tea jersey? I have a very dear friend who happens to work for Taylors of Harrogate who make said product. I’m on the case......:whistle:
I'd buy one as well!!!

MikeG

Guru
.........I'm very happy still driving my (almost) 7 year old/130,000mile Octavia estate........

Poseur. Fashion-victim. Our Honda Civic has done 100,000 more miles than that.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Well, that's nothing. My Raleigh Tomahawk rusted so badly that one day I came out to ride it to school and all that was left was a quark. Didn't stop me riding the 741 miles to school no handed though, while whistling ever act from Wagner's Ring Cycle and doing my homework.
Chapeau! Those quarks take some pedalling. I could never quite get my lips round Wagner’s Ring...

Wife put 45,000 miles on it, in the first 2 years!!!
Through some forum-supported filtering, I thought, wow! it took me 7 years to do that. Then I did some delving and realised you were talking about a car.

How did we get here?

Back to snobbery, my first trip to Brighton I passed quite a roadies - well, men in lycra riding road bikes - dressed like this.
img_4861-jpg.jpg

(and in case my ride looks to swish, the cable had become snagged, so I couldn't change gears)

[QUOTE 5282364, member: 9609"]45 k in 7 years is a serious amount of cycling (i'm just undr 30 for the same)
is that commuting or just riding just for the sake of it ?[/QUOTE]
I confused miles and kilometres, and even then, exaggerated.

I've done 52,000 km (gps recorded, somewhat more on the ground, I assume) since 2008.

(i'm still proud of that, but it's not 45k miles in 7 years, so apologies)

Edit: even though 2008 undermines my original numbers, I need to point out to have GPS tracks back then you had to be a total nerd with your own website. Which I was. Do I get to add 100km nerd bonus to my total milage?

Last edited:
Not quite

That figure refers to the Octavia estate...………………..

Top Bottom