Inverted snobbery-what is it, examples anyone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Example: I'm proud to ride my 1994 Marin round town, rather than a carbon ebike; in my sad head it shows I'm beyond any need to show off or prove anything.

Drago

Legendary Member
the attitude of seeming to despise anything associated with wealth or social status, while at the same time elevating those things associated with lack of wealth and social position.

But only if one is a position that they do actually enjoy wealth or social status while despising/claiming to despise these things and their trappings.

Being poor and from Luton and despising wealth and/or social status doesn't make one an inverted snob - it makes one poor and from Luton.

Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
But only if one is a position that they do actually enjoy wealth or social status while despising/claiming to despise these things and their trappings.

Being poor and from Luton doesn't make one an inverted snob - it makes one poor and from Luton.

I don't know.

I think the hippies could both be proud and penniless, and look down on the people who have sold out to "the man".

All uphill

Still rolling along
Just remembered a homeless guy locally who said he was proud that he had nothing, owed nothing and asked for nothing, unlike us "ants" with our mortgages, homes and families.

I know it was probably necessary bravado.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
eller-clincal_depression-inverted_snob-cst0019_low.jpg

Top Bottom