Embra-St Andrews 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
scoosh said:
A bump for this thread.

I've not got a ride on this w-e (not doing Trossachs Ton), so have been considering going along to sign in on the day.

Any other CCers doing it this year - with or without families ?

I will be there along with the chap I rode it with last year and a bunch from work have also included me by default. With you lot as well I appear to be riding it in 3 groups. Not sure how this will work, but looking forward to it. I will be registering on the day.

scoosh said:
Embra-St A's is a LEPRA charity event. Other details here and scroll down
Report of last year's event, including route map. You might even get to meet the author if you come on a forum ride :biggrin: !

I will try not to make any comments on those of you choosing to use gears this year, even though there is no shame in pushing up a 15% gradient when you are turning a 72" gear.

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
The year I did it no one could believe I was riding fixed. I take it that all the kids are doing it that way now?

Anyway. Clashes with the Dumb Run. Again. So won't be doing it this year either.

Sam (Hi, by the way. Just stopped in to say hello to Patrick.)

Touche;1299938][quote name= said:
The year I did it no one could believe I was riding fixed. I take it that all the kids are doing it that way now?

Not really, last year I only saw 2 other fixed riders. This year I know of 1 other, but then I am riding with him.

Damn, posting errors as I am using a new toy to access the forum ... an iPod touch. Great for writing, but a bit of a fiddle to edit if you don't zoom in enough.

BTW this appears to be my 1000 post, I was hoping for a more insightful post to mark the occaision, but we can't always get what we want.

scook94

Veteran
Touche said:
Damn, posting errors as I am using a new toy to access the forum ... an iPod touch. Great for writing, but a bit of a fiddle to edit if you don't zoom in enough.

BTW this appears to be my 1000 post, I was hoping for a more insightful post to mark the occaision, but we can't always get what we want.

Surely it doesn't count if you keep posting the same thing twice? Perhaps we could get Shaun to knock one off your total so you can come back with a post worthy of the 1000th! :sad:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Touche said:

Better luck with the 2000 post :rolleyes:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
HonestMan1910 said:
Will be signing up on the day for this.

What is the best place/time for meeting up ?

Any meeting place ?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Touche said:
I will be there along with the chap I rode it with last year and a bunch from work have also included me by default. With you lot as well I appear to be riding it in 3 groups. Not sure how this will work, but looking forward to it. I will be registering on the day..

Yay, see you there then :smile:, is "the chap" Simon?

Touche said:
I will try not to make any comments on those of you choosing to use gears this year, even though there is no shame in pushing up a 15% gradient when you are turning a 72" gear.

:smile: What have you been reading :smile::biggrin:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HonestMan1910 said:
Any meeting place ?

Last year we arranged to meet Scoosh near the sign-up desk (which is close to the West Gate), we arrived about 45 minutes before the start to make sure we'd get signed up in good time. It was fairly empty when we turned up but filled up quickly. CC jerseys are quite easy to spot though ...

We could also exchange mobile numbers by PM if you want?

It's not an easy ride to stay together on. due to the sheer number of people and also everybody has a natural speed for longer rides ... but we managed to meet up intentionally and unintentionally a few times, and then sat around together in the sunshine at the finish for an hour or two.

How is your hand?

Really looking forward to this ride again, it was brilliant last year :biggrin:

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Copied from another thread [with unsuitable corrections]:
Telemark said:
Scoosh(ie) :girl: - I'll be doing one organised ride next weekend, and I may have the fortune undoubted pleasure of meeting you there :hugs::smooch:

Looks like there may be quite a crowd of us, HonestMan, Touche + 1 (Simon), HLaB, HJ, yourself, Bhoyjim, Backache (+ daughter :girl: ?), any others? Budgie and Gavster from the other side of the Forth? Can we persuade Jane to join us too?

:biggrin:

T
Apart from Bhoyjim and Backache and HLaB, it appears that the rest of us are all signing up on the day.

How about we meet up by the signing-in desk at 0815, then I'll go to the lights at Stockbridge to meet BJ, who should be flying down Comely Bank Ave - teeth rattling, ears flapping, eyes watering, mouth full of 'protein' - as he flies down the cobblestoned hill ?

As Telemark :angel: has said, it's not an easy ride to do together and I'd rather get ahead of the main doodlers than get caught up with them.

We'll meet again in St A's anyway and quite possibly at the fabulous tea/cake stop in Freuchie :biggrin: - remember your cash for this and allow at least a 30 min stop for the strawberry tarts alone :o) :tongue:. This will give you the energy to push Touche up his 20% hill shortly thereafter :thumbsup:.

Is this a plan ? :blush: :blush:

Top Bottom