Embra-St Andrews 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HLaB said:
I signed up last month when it was free :tongue:

If I had signed up in advance, rain would be guaranteed. So I thought I'd be kind to the 100s (or 1000s?) of cyclists and sneak in under the radar on the day :o)

T

Telemark said:
If I had signed up in advance, rain would be guaranteed. So I thought I'd be kind to the 100s (or 1000s?) of cyclists and sneak in under the radar on the day :o)

T
I've only done it once before and it rained all the way from Ed-St A and there was a strong headwind. I was frozen at the feed stops I couldn't even take off my gloves, my fingers were so numb. It should be better weather this year but then again I'm doing it!

GAVSTER

I'm thinking of maybe just popping into the start after all. It'll only add 14/15 miles probably.

Nice warm up for me.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
GAVSTER said:
I'm thinking of maybe just popping into the start after all. It'll only add 14/15 miles probably.

Nice warm up for me.
:bicycle: :bravo: :bicycle: :biggrin: :biggrin: :wahhey:

[the one after the Welcome ^ is you going back at the start of the ride ;)]

GAVSTER

Have you got a smiley of a knackered old guy on a blue bike?

To get to the registration for 8.15 I'll have to leave Fife at 7.00am so I can ride in fairly slowly.

Note to self - limited beer on Friday night :biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
GAVSTER said:
Have you got a smiley of a knackered old guy on a blue bike?

To get to the registration for 8.15 I'll have to leave Fife at 7.00am (which means getting up at 6.00am :blush:) so I can ride in fairly slowly.

Note to self - limited beer on Friday night :biggrin:
:biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Humm, interesting weather forecast: Sunny, cool, with strong Northerly wind....

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:biggrin: have been coughing all day, and feeling woozy at times :blush:
Please don't let this be another lurgy, I've had enough already this year :sad:. Really happy I didn't cycle to work this morning, as I'd have struggled on the downhill bits on the way home :biggrin:.

T

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Touche said:
I will try not to make any comments on those of you choosing to use gears this year, even though there is no shame in pushing up a 15% gradient when you are turning a 72" gear.

Riding with two cracked ribs was a lot more comfortable than trying to walk. Walking was really painful, but for some reason riding was OK, so long as I didn't get out of breath. There are times when having gears really makes sense :thumbsup:

I don't intend to crack any ribs this year, then again I didn't set out to damage my self last year either... :sad:

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Telemark said:
:biggrin: have been coughing all day, and feeling woozy at times :sad:
Please don't let this be another lurgy, I've had enough already this year :sad:. Really happy I didn't cycle to work this morning, as I'd have struggled on the downhill bits on the way home :thumbsup:.

T

Better today I hope and wel enough for Saturday ?

Backache

Will be at the start but I will be cycling very slowly with daughter, daughters friend 2 mums and other Dad. Hope we make the bus back! Daughter did a fair amount of practice last year and got there in plenty of time, this year has done a fair bit less.

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

Sorry folks, i'm beginning to have doubts about coming through, it's not the ride, more of the travelling, i think it'll be just too long a day for me, as the buses don't leave St Andrews till 7pm, by the time i get back to Embra, it could be after 8pm by the time i get on train and arrive home sometime around 10pm, so a long day considering i would have to get train at 7.30am in the morning, dissapointed since i've registered and everything, but i doubt i'll make it, hope you all enjoy though, have fun and ride safe.

Top Bottom