Embra-St Andrews 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HLaB said:
Get well soon the pair of ye!
:smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
If it's only a 10% chance at the mo', I wouldn't think it is worth the risk of riding tomorrow - even though we will miss you very much :sad: and it won't be the same without you :smile: etc etc.

Look after yourself and get better, is my advice :biggrin:

Awww, thanks Scoosh(ie), feeling much better after that. Luckily virtual hugs are safe, I wouldn't wish that cough on anybody (well not most people anyway):tongue:

Still hoping for a miracle, but I'll be sensible, don't worry :sad:.
Have a great ride :sad:

T

Ranger

Saw quite a few of you on my commute in (crossing the Bridge going the wrong way was a nightmare). Saw 2 CC tops go past as I was unloading the bike, then Touche and (I think) HonestMan.

Ranger said:
Saw quite a few of you on my commute in (crossing the Bridge going the wrong way was a nightmare). Saw 2 CC tops go past as I was unloading the bike, then Touche and (I think) HonestMan.

If you saw me on the bridge, the other person would have been Simon. I wandered if it was anyone I knew coming the other way.

We started with scoosh, bhoyjim & honestman but by the time we reached the FRB they were ahead of us. We met up again at Kinros for lunch. Scoosh & bhoyjim were leaving as we arrived but honestman kept us company and restarted with us. A similar story unfolded at the cake stop in Fruchie. We next saw them at the end at St. Andrews, sitting on the grass bank sunning themselves and greeting other riders as they arrived.

We made it in about 6 hours elapsed, 5 hours riding. The lunch and cakes were too good to hurry.

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

An absolute excellent day, great weather, a great route, glad i made the effort to come through, those cakes at Freuchie, were worth it alone :biggrin:
good to see Hlab,Honestman,Touche, his friend Simon, a special thanks for Scoosh for the company on the way round, and to Mrs Scoosh for giving me a lift back to Embra, as i'd probably still be in St Andrews waiting for the bus.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:biggrin: Looks like you all had a good time.
We would have struggled to even make it to the start, went for a walk to the shops in the afternoon and had to have a wee half-way rest on a bench in the Meadows :blush::biggrin:. But things are starting to improve.

Nobody has mentioned the N/NE? breeze yet, it looked like it might make the ride a wee bit harder work!

Hope somebody took a CC team photo somewhere?

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
What a cracking ride :wacko: :biggrin:

Chilly at the start, which was staggered to let the quicker people away first :thumbsup:.

Bhoyjim and I were practising Ride Management, taking decent stops at the meal breaks and not pushing too hard.

It worked too, as we both managed up Cadger's Brae, overtaking all in front of us (who were WALKING :eek: !) I'm sure Jim was txting on his mobile as he went up :laugh:.
He was kind enough to wait for me (frequently :blush:) and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole bit from Kinross to St Andrew's, including our 40 min stop at Freuchie - after all, the cake stop there is why we do the ride, right :thumbsup: ?

We were done by 1430, after 4hr 27 riding time and gave Bhoyjim a lift back to Haymarket and his train home :becool:.

The wind was a factor only after Falkland and wasn't too bad, being from the North rather than the East - it was even behind us going up Cadger's Brae :thumbsup:.

Good to meet Backache before the start and hope he and his entourage had a good ride too.

Must be the first time I have ever finished a ride before HLaB :laugh: - who was accompanying a couple of his colleagues (one of whom was not a cyclist :ohmy: ).

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
You lucky, lucky, ba$tards!! :wacko:

I have been hit by flu, tried to walk to the local shops today, less than 1 mile, had to stop and rest half way. I had everything ready to go last night, serviced the bike in the week, got up this morning and found I did have the strength to ride to the park for the start, and most of that is down hill!

Good to hear you all had such a good day :thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Lots of (virtual) :biggrin: and :thumbsup: to HJ and Telemark - we miss you guys :eek:.

Take great care and get better -

.... and stop being so lovvy-dovey and passing these bugs between each other :wacko:.

What a great day and nice to see all the familiar CC faces and a few more :thumbsup:. I don't know if he notice but I saw Touche at the start and I said to my friend he's doing on a fixie; she nearly fainted.
I never realised I was capable of going slow but the company was great as were the cakes in Freuchie. I was enjoying my self so much I hung around to see them off on the Bus and took a more direct route home, except I got my Milton of Balgonie confused with my Coaltown of Balgonie (easy mistake :wacko: ) and ended up going an extra mile and a half. I also thought about the A92, I thought it might be quieter about 9pm but decided against it! I ended up doing 126miles.

Top Bottom